Cherry Eye!

Paulbocio

Jun 17, 2011
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Uhura
Hey guys! Uhura is my year-old female EBD. I've noticed over the past few months that she will get a cherry eye out whenever she's chewing on a toy or just playing around. As of late, her left eye seems to get it EVERY DAY. Even on days when I restrict her play time and monitor her, the gland comes out. I've had to massage it back into place several times daily. Even after the cherry part is back in its spot, I can see a pink edge in the corner of her right eye that the left eye doesn't show. She's had both eyes cherried after a long night of playing when I boarded her, but that was 3 months ago and the left one hasn't made a reappearance. Any ideas as to how I should go about keeping the gland in the right eye from coming out? It readjusts itself when she sleeps, but as soon as those eyes are open it's back out to play.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gee I don"t know I never had to deal with cherry eye. I hope someone on this forum can help you there are alot of knowledgeable ppl here .

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You can't really do anything to keep it from appearing. Sherry eye can be just a mild case and appear only now and then, but every day seems too much to be a mild case. If it gets infected it can be hazardous to the eye sight. Is it light pink or bright pink?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven will get cherry eye in her left eye here and there. I think if it is happening everyday then it might be too much. I think there are too many opportunities for her to get an infection. Have you spoken to the vet? I think if that were the case with Raven I would discuss the surgery with the vet.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I havent dealt personally with it..I also read the article here on it and it had a lot of great information...I would have the vet take a look and explain it keeps happenning...I hope everything works out and please keep us posted ...

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If I remember correctly, they usually don't recommend corrective surgery til their head is done growing and that is about 2 yr. old. I may just go away....or not.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.