Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I dunno either......told me you quoted and mentioned me....must be glitch somewhere! Yeah I am thinking same thing!! I also need a slow feed bowl cuz I think that would help to or at least make me feel better that he isn't inhaling it....do they make stainless steel slow feed bowl do you know?? He just doesn't look good. His face is so red and his forehead too now. His eye is watering like there is no tomorrow. I have been cleaning and drying it like crazy. Even got up at 4...ok so I was still up at 4am cuz I couldn't sleep but I got up and cleaned it and pt gold bond on it again. It was getting so raw because his eye is draining so much I can't keep up with it, I am going to ask for some drops or see what he suggests
didnt you get him tested for allergies. im wondering. did you try the canned food or did he throw that up to.

OP
C

Cooper11

didnt you get him tested for allergies. im wondering. did you try the canned food or did he throw that up to.

I didn't do canned food. No allergy test but I am going to mention it today! but it seems the food hasn't been the issue lately because he is only throwing in the late morning before he eats and its the yellow stuff....until last night the yellow was the only throwing up he was doing. I dunno if he ate to fast last night and that is why he threw up his food but it was about an hour after he ate so I dunno!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I didn't do canned food. No allergy test but I am going to mention it today! but it seems the food hasn't been the issue lately because he is only throwing in the late morning before he eats and its the yellow stuff....until last night the yellow was the only throwing up he was doing. I dunno if he ate to fast last night and that is why he threw up his food but it was about an hour after he ate so I dunno!
no i was wondering of the red face red head and tearing. could be allergies. maybe he is allergic to rice. i dunno was just thinking. maybe something hes laying on?

OP
C

Cooper11

no i was wondering of the red face red head and tearing. could be allergies. maybe he is allergic to rice. i dunno was just thinking. maybe something hes laying on?
I dunno just seems to be one thing after another i think it was 2bullymama who said allergies too and said give him benedryl. He has been outside a lot more the last few days cuz its been so nice out.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I dunno just seems to be one thing after another i think it was 2bullymama who said allergies too and said give him benedryl. He has been outside a lot more the last few days cuz its been so nice out.
does the benadryl help or are you giving it? i would def say an allergy test esp if the vet doesnt find anything. also check the ears. sarah will get a red head if she has an ear infection and her ears and head will feel hot. just throwing stuff out there.

OP
C

Cooper11

does the benadryl help or are you giving it? i would def say an allergy test esp if the vet doesnt find anything. also check the ears. sarah will get a red head if she has an ear infection and her ears and head will feel hot. just throwing stuff out there.

Nope haven't tried benedryl yet and he checked his ears yesterday and din't say anything. They don't smell or anything either and they have been really clean the last couple months. I only have to clean them like 1x a month! SO just normal bendryl and do I give him one or two?

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
So sorry to hear about Coop...poor guy. Einstein has been having some similar problems. Seems to be getting sick more frequently. He's always had a sensitive tummy but seems to be getting worse lately. We are going to try a new food and see if that helps at all. Our vet also mentioned acid reflux.

Also Einstein just had the entropion surgery about a month ago. We went ahead and did both eyes even though only the right one was bad. They just tacked down his eyelids. It cost about $500 for both eyes and the visit before and after the surgery. He did great. But he had problems about a year ago and we got it to clear up with an ointment, but this time he had an ulcer forming so the vet said surgery was necessary. Good luck! Hope you figure out what's going on.

OP
C

Cooper11

So sorry to hear about Coop...poor guy. Einstein has been having some similar problems. Seems to be getting sick more frequently. He's always had a sensitive tummy but seems to be getting worse lately. We are going to try a new food and see if that helps at all. Our vet also mentioned acid reflux.

Also Einstein just had the entropion surgery about a month ago. We went ahead and did both eyes even though only the right one was bad. They just tacked down his eyelids. It cost about $500 for both eyes and the visit before and after the surgery. He did great. But he had problems about a year ago and we got it to clear up with an ointment, but this time he had an ulcer forming so the vet said surgery was necessary. Good luck! Hope you figure out what's going on.

Did his eyes stop tearing after his surgery? $500 sounds ALOT better than $1000 since I have spent $700 in less than 2 week on coop and I want to get an allergy tesr witch i saw runs around $250 to $350
Is Einstein throwing up everyday and does he do it right after he eats or hours later.....does he just throw iup out of the nowhere? did you vet give you any meds
I think cooper had a bubblegum tremor last night and I am thinking it was caused from food or lack there of!

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Did his eyes stop tearing after his surgery? $500 sounds ALOT better than $1000 since I have spent $700 in less than 2 week on coop and I want to get an allergy tesr witch i saw runs around $250 to $350
Is Einstein throwing up everyday and does he do it right after he eats or hours later.....does he just throw iup out of the nowhere? did you vet give you any meds
I think cooper had a bubblegum tremor last night and I am thinking it was caused from food or lack there of!

Yeah his eyes are looking so much better since the surgery. I know I was glad the surgery wasn't too crazy because they do get expensive! He doesn't throw up everyday. I'd say about 2 times a week. Sometimes its in the morning and there isn't anything in it just yellow foamy stuff. But sometimes it's shortly after he eats and then its just like he regurgitates what he has just eaten. The vet didn't give us any meds. But he said something about trying pepcid to see if that helped. How is Cooper doing? Any news from the vet?

OP
C

Cooper11

Yeah his eyes are looking so much better since the surgery. I know I was glad the surgery wasn't too crazy because they do get expensive! He doesn't throw up everyday. I'd say about 2 times a week. Sometimes its in the morning and there isn't anything in it just yellow foamy stuff. But sometimes it's shortly after he eats and then its just like he regurgitates what he has just eaten. The vet didn't give us any meds. But he said something about trying pepcid to see if that helped. How is Cooper doing? Any news from the vet?

Wow the way you describe how your bully throws up is exactly what Coop does but he was throwing up everyday. He did go for like 3 days with none and then started again. Gave me meds for acid reflex and a pill that is like pepcid and I also have him on the canned bland food right now as my vet requested because I was making him rice and beef and with the new pills he still threw up so I listened to the vet and we are on day 3 of no throwing up. SO I am hoping he finally fixed it and once we get the meds in him for a week he may be able to go go kibble again! :) He hasn't gained in weight in 2 weeks though but I guess I am happy cuz he hasn't lost any either!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Sorry to hear about Cooper, I guess I was too wrapped up with Talulah's problem and wasn't paying attention. I hope he'll be Ok, poor baby guy :/

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Wow the way you describe how your bully throws up is exactly what Coop does but he was throwing up everyday. He did go for like 3 days with none and then started again. Gave me meds for acid reflex and a pill that is like pepcid and I also have him on the canned bland food right now as my vet requested because I was making him rice and beef and with the new pills he still threw up so I listened to the vet and we are on day 3 of no throwing up. SO I am hoping he finally fixed it and once we get the meds in him for a week he may be able to go go kibble again! :) He hasn't gained in weight in 2 weeks though but I guess I am happy cuz he hasn't lost any either!

How old is Cooper? Yeah thats good he hasn't lost any weight. Hope you guys got it figured out. Fingers crossed! We got Einstein some pumpkin to go on his kibble and he seems to be doing good right now. He definitely has his appetite back.

OP
C

Cooper11

How old is Cooper? Yeah thats good he hasn't lost any weight. Hope you guys got it figured out. Fingers crossed! We got Einstein some pumpkin to go on his kibble and he seems to be doing good right now. He definitely has his appetite back.

He is 7 months....he threw up all his food today I wrote a post on it. I am just getting frustrating we can't find the cause of the problem!!

Members online

No members online now.