Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

C

Cooper11

So I took Cooper to a different vet today that is more familiar with bulldogs. I have to say he was awesome and knew a lot and actually didn't act like I was annoying when I talked about my EBN family!
SO I will take him tomorrow for blood work and xrays again! Witch I was happy and wanted him to do blood work again for sure. He is thinking maybe acid reflex or something. He is going to see what the blood test and xrays say and go from there. He might do a scope I am assuming it is like the scope us humans get...he will put come fluid down in throat and see if everything is working right like his intestines and so forth...Is anyone familiar with this????

His eye has a yeast infection, I didn't clean it today because I wanted him to see it and I was thinking more of an infection in his eye too cuz it has been draining more than usual.. He looked at his eyes and said the one eye is good but the one that is draining has a medical term if anyone knows it???? Where the bottom eye lid is folded under too much and his eye lashes are rubbing his eye and making it water and agitated. Said I can do a laser surgery for it????

And helpful feedback please would be greatly appreciated so I have some questions for the vet tomorrow! $320 for tomorrow with blood test and xray...god only know how much the other stuff is going to cost me. I just spent $200 last week :cursing: Anything for my baby! They are more expensive but I can tell he know way more than my other vet...

Also thought this was cool..2 of the girls that work there have English Bulldogs and they got them from the same breeder as I got Coop....and found out they have the same Daddy as Coop! SO we got to see pics of his half brother and the other girl has a female but she wan't there so didn't get to see pics

@cowsmom @RescueMe @desertskybulldogs @Watson @2BullyMama @Twice @ChanelnBrutus @BruceP @Davidh @LariP @JAKEISGREAT @Fontanafox @JeannieCO [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] @Firefighter Lilt

sorry have to tag you gys cuz I know you know your stuff!! :)

Last edited:
OP
C

Cooper11

He is thinking its not so much a food thing because he isn't throwing up within an hour of eating that is why he is thinking it is something deeper than a food issue. Coop didn't throw up today :) And I was wondering if he may be allergic to yogurt so I didn't give him his yogurt last night and no throw up today...vet said could possibly be.....

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Awww Cooper baby! Well first Im really glad you found a good vet and his siblings! THats a good thing for you and Cooper! I thinks its good they are running all the tests again so they can do their own and see whats going on! Yes these little :poo: are expesnsive but we will do what we have to !!!! I have heard of the issue with his eyes but I have no exp with it!!! You tagged all the right people and Im sure others too will have a lot of advice for you! Keep your head up and I will pray that Cooper has a speedy recovery!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
So he probably has entropian in one eye..Getting the surgery will fix it. I had a foster with it..We just did the tacking surgery and it fixed it. On the acid reflux, I would assume that dogs could get it too.. Ive never experienced it. Are you doing any allergy testing? It may be as simple as an allergy to something he is eating. Maybe the yogurt some cant handle dairy.

The recovery from the entropian is pretty easy.

Hope Cooper gets better fast..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The eye thing is entropion --- there are a few here with it or had it you have Lisa tagged and I think Vegas may have it or is waiting to find out [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
aww...what is going on with Watson's buddy? Hope nothing serious. If they are going to scope him they will sedate him a put a little telescope into his esophagus and down into his stomach to see what is going on in there. I am a little concern still that he may have swallowed something that he can't pass. Watson swallowed a bunch of bedding material yesterday and threw up all over the bed this morning and it was a gigantic matted blob of bedding material. I am watching him closely too. He seems to be normal. No vomiting since this morning.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Boy poor Coop. I didn't know he was still have tummy issues. Lisa (Desertskybulldogs) will be a good one to address the eye lash issue. She's gone through this before with Tidus and I know one of her fur babies (Chevelle) has some lash issues. Vet bills can add up fast, especially when tests are needed. Laser can run you over a $1,000. I'll let the others chime in now.

That's pretty awesome about them having Coop's siblings.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has dry eye that at first seemed might be entropian. Her vet wanted to try optimmune ointment first and it fixed her issue enough that she doesn't need to have the surgery. She had really goopy eye boogers every morning before the ointment. Now she gets hardly any goop. So my advice is explore the options before jumping into surgery.

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If he did swallow something that he's having troubles passing an Xray will more than likely show that (but not always!!!).

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] who was it who's bully was doing this and ended up swallowing his daughter's bra? The xray showed it buy only the metal clasp.

The gal that cuts my hair, her weiner dog had over 20+ hair ties that he had swallowed for who know how long that were her daughter's.

An xray for Coop is now in order.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad you found a good bully vet that you like, it sure makes a world of difference. The eye surgery I hear is expensive but works. As far as the acid reflux, I have no evperiance with but I have heard of some bullies having it. Hope the blood test come out good tomorrow so keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama who was it who's bully was doing this and ended up swallowing his daughter's bra? The xray showed it buy only the metal clasp. An xray for Coop is now in order.

Totally escapes me right now... I can see the post in my head, but can not think of the user name --- UGH

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If he did swallow something that he's having troubles passing an Xray will more than likely show that (but not always!!!).

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] who was it who's bully was doing this and ended up swallowing his daughter's bra? The xray showed it buy only the metal clasp.

The gal that cuts my hair, her weiner dog had over 20+ hair ties that he had swallowed for who know how long that were her daughter's.

An xray for Coop is now in order.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.