Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my goodness I have goose pimples all over!!! I am so happy for Abby and you that i have tears in my eyes!!! You are such a great bully mama, give sweet Abby a kiss from us!

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Yay!!! I was so happy to read this this morning. You did so good Momma - you can tell all the love and prayers for Abby paid off. Will continue to keep her in my :pray:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Great news! Miracles do happen when you have faith and prayers that we have on EBN! Great job! Give Abby a big hug from me!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my im soooo happy for you [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]. this is awsome news. i know im late but i want to say im so happy for you and i hope abby continues on her path.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm at work and was finally able to scan her latest results. I was way too excited last night to even try it. So here they are... PROOF if you need it :)

Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG

Her potassium is a little high now but we're pretty sure it's all the bananas my mom has been sharing with her (or should I say that Abby has been stealing lol)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
oh my im soooo happy for you @Twice . this is awsome news. i know im late but i want to say im so happy for you and i hope abby continues on her path.

Thanks :) Between the vitamins and supplements that I have been giving her, the food that I have been cooking for her, and the aluminum hydroxide that I don't have to worry about getting for her ;) She will continue on that path, I will make sure of it. Excuse me... WE will make sure of it :excited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thanks :) Between the vitamins and supplements that I have been giving her, the food that I have been cooking for her, and the aluminum hydroxide that I don't have to worry about getting for her ;) She will continue on that path, I will make sure of it. Excuse me... WE will make sure of it :excited:
so what have you been cooking for her foodwise was just curious.

mommydanford

Feb 21, 2012
Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly May Giggles, Mister Moe Wrinkles, Lil' Miss Jitterbug Wiggles and Calling All Angels Trudeaux
Soooooo glad to hear your good news. Keep up the good work with Abby, she is special and has a great mommy to take care of her. You know we all worry about our babies and they don't worry near as much when they have wonderful people who will do anything for them to make sure they are ok. :happydance:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
so what have you been cooking for her foodwise was just curious.

I posted her vegetable mash in the recipe thread. She ate that all last week.

This week she is eating a mixture of chick peas, pinto beans and black beans. I cook that in the crock pot for 8 hours or so then I added carrots, broccoli, zucchini, red peppers, fresh parsley and olive oil. When its all soft I get the hand mixer out to mush it up more. But I leave some chunks in it too. She likes that.

When I feed her she gets a ladle full of that over top of 2 small spoonfuls of the renal canned dog food that they gave me and 2 of her 4 daily feedings I add some tofu to the mix. I added the little bit of renal food because I was worried about vitamin deficiencies. The vet tells me that i don't need to do that so I am going to donate the case of food that I have.

I have a couple more recipes that have a slightly higher calorie count that I want to try for her next week. I just need my butcher friend to collect enough chicken fat so I can start experimenting :)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
@Twice thats awsome for you to do that.

LOL yeah. My kids complain that the dog eats better than they do. It used to be on Sundays I made the meatballs and gravy. Now on Sundays I make the dog food :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Give some of the dog food you make to the kids.... :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.