Bulldog puppy pros

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Ok, need advice! Spunky is 16 weeks and to this day, she WILL NOT sleep unless we put her in her cage...she's puppy hyper and we've even witnessed her closing her eyes sitting by her toys, and then will get a 2nd wind. We would love to have her sleep next to us on the couch lol, though this doesn't look like it will ever happen!!! We've had her out for 5 hours at a time full of play time and still no sign of weakness, how do you get your pup to settle down and take a nap?!

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
(and I mean 5 hours of play time trying to ware her out!)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
THats a tough one ! See he never was able to do those things with us until he learned to do potty outside! It was like the bonus for learning that! WHen you feel its time for her to relax or want her to try to either put the toys away and encourage her to relax with you or you may just have to put in crate to relax...She is still a puppy and she sounds like she is full of energy just like Brutus was ... he has slowed down a little bit but not much still full of energy!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Wow..she is something else then. Sorry not sure what to tell you. I guess enjoy it because they slow down as they get older. Raven is almost five months and she will play hard but if we lay down she is ready to jump up and cuddle with us.

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
No help here!! Howard is a lazy pup and loves to cuddle on the couch. You got an extra energetic bully :-)

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Lol I guess we got the rare one out f the breed!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny was a terror when he was a puppy he never stopped I just let him do his thing He will grow out of it, It"s a big world out there for him, just let him enjoy it and you enjoy watching him there not puppies forever and slow down. I wish my gunny were crazy and bad again when you look back those are the best years. I never forced him to do anything if he wanted to sit, or sleep with us fine if not that was ok.He goes anywhere in the house he wants. It"s like a kid, tell em to do one thing and they do the other. enjoy the craziness.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Can't help you or even remember, We adopted Vegas at almost 5 months old, he was very active but now he is 3 and he just has his spirts of energy then naps often. Even in your avatar picture (which is adorabull) she looks ready to gooooo...Lol!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i call that 'crazy eyes' and i almost cried when i thought it wouldn't end...i thought i might have well just started having kids. but lola calmed down after a couple weeks of that business. she would start back up at like 10:30 which was the worst.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It comes with age, he will slow down one of these days. As far as sleeping on the couch, some like to and some don't. My girls love to snuggle on the couch with you, but Buddy will rarely get on the couch, he is almost 3 years old now.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I'm the opposite, Kain won't sleep unless being held or in the kennel... Brutal it's like a baby lol. Careful what you wish for, I was trying to pay bills and catch up and he was crying by the couch to be held. I had to put in the kennel so he would at least sleep he was so tired.

Walks are helping a lot burning off the energy.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Lol oh yes she is always ready to go!!

We just started walking her, though we're in TX so were only able to walk for like 20 minutes max!! We play with her a lot inside and she runs after us outside, we love the puppy life...only downside is she still hasn't learned to not bite human skin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.