How are the puppies doing?

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Hi everyone. I know quite a few of us have puppies and I wanted to start a thread to see how the little ones are doing with housebreaking, eating, health, etc.

Howard is 9 weeks old and we've had him for 3 weeks. He's doing pretty well with potty training, although we have a long way to go. He gets that when you go outside, he should potty and usually squats immediately. He also does pretty well with :poo: But he does still have accidents in the house, especially if we get distracted and don't watch him like a hawk. And he's recently peed a few times after just coming in from peeing outside. I guess he didn't get it all out? Overall though he probably goes outside at least 90% of the time.

He does still nip, but not aggressively - just playing. If you give him a toy instead he'll usually be OK. I have skin babies - ages 3 and 7 and they don't always understand how to discourage the nipping (running, etc.). But they are learning. He hasn't drawn blood or anything and hasn't caused any crying.

He loves kids and kids love him! We've had quite a few play dates over at the house and he's been very tolerant of lots of kids getting in his face, wanting to pet and hold. I also take him to the bus stop a few times a week so he can get even more socialization from children.

He sleeps in our bed and as long as we get up with him once or twice, he won't have an accident. No snoring yet, but definitely going to be a slobbery one! He's already leaving moist slobber spots on the furniture hehehehe.

He's eating Blue Buffalo puppy lamb and oatmeal and is doing pretty well. He started out on Purina from the breeder and I switched to Royal Canin bulldog puppy. That did not agree with him at all and then I read bad reviews on it. So I switched him and his stool has gotten much better. I've also added Perfect Form from Honest Kitchen to 2 of his meals and that has helped firm up his poo. I feel him 3/4 of a cup 3 times a day. He doesn't usually eat everything so I'm guessing he's getting 1 1/2 - 2 cups daily. I hope that's enough! I take it away after he is done eating because I want him to be on a fairly regular schedule.

Ok that's a lot - hope I didn't bore anyone!! How are the rest of the pups doing?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yo puppy mama's and dad's ........ [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] [MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] [MENTION=4432]Hooch11B[/MENTION] [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] all i can think of right now

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus is now 9 months as of 3/4/12 he is doing amazing with potty training as his accidents are much less! Basically he has an accident if I dont keep track of his drinking and the last time he went out! I seems after his prolapse surgery he hasnt been able to hold it as long during the day while playing! At night time he goes at at 11 am last time and wakes up with me at 10 am sometimes earlier if need be! The biting has decreased once baby teeth were gone and he learned what he was able to chew on. Well now he uses his sister Chanel to chew on her wherever :bang: poor Chanel ... I guess if she didnt like it she would tell him! Cant wait to see what others are saying this was a good idea to see where everyone is at with there babys

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Gracie is doing well...she turned 7 months today!! She was really easy to potty train but I did watch her like a hawk. @Cooper11 has taken a bit longer but I think it's more his mama's fault! I just switched her to Fromm puppy food. She loves yogurt, green beans and all her treats. She is on full feed....bowls never empty. She has never been a nipper but @Cooper11 was I think he has out grown it though. He is also 7 months today (they are litter mates) Gracie does not sleep with us she is crated at night. She snores awful loud and is very restless when she sleeps out of her crate. She steals toys, bones etc from everyone if my other dog has a toy she always takes it from her. She loves to play tug a war. She is a chewer. I throw away about one toy a week because she has destroyed it. She is spoiled rotten! I still carry her and she weighed 45.6 last week! She is a tubby one. but she likes to be carried. I also rocked her to sleep at night when she was a little puppy too big now! [MENTION=4397]Firefighter Lilt[/MENTION] also has a pup! Great thread.....hope to stay in touch! @Watson & @wheezer also have pups. :dancing:

Last edited:

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hmmm..where to start?

Dozer will be 15 weeks old on March 15th. If you go through my thread history via my profile you will see my little buddy has been fighting a mild case of pnemonia, but the vet said (and we think) he's beating it.

Aside from that, he is a normal happy puppy. He likes to nip at our hands/toes/and clothing sometimes, however we are working on that via redirection. He can be quite stubborn, but loves to play by retrieving his toys and then tempting us to get them from him; at which point he will try to run away. We have not been able to take him outside as of yet because he needs one more shot.

He is potty trained quite well at the moment. He uses the Wee Wee pad for number 1 and number 2 around 98% of the time. During the week when he was vomiting every day he would even throw up on the Wee Wee pad. He doesnt like when we watch him do his business though. He typically gives us his back or waits for us to not look in his direction to go. Sometimes, I'll go wash my hands in the bathroom to come back and find his Wee Wee pads soiled. He can also be quite persistent, he will almost always try to get behind the couch. I'm not sure what he smells back there, but we have to tell him like 20 times in a row to stop before he does lollolol.

He has learned some new commands as well. Sit, Stay and Down are the most relevent. It takes a couple of times, but we are able to have him stay while his food is in his dish. He also knows that when we say Crate it's time for him to go to his crate to sleep/relax. We're still working on "Paw".

The nights can be rather daunting, he usually wakes me up around 3AM so he can go do his business. Typically he wants to play at that time, but I simply shut off his night light, say Crate, and he goes back to sleep. It also stinks because my father leaves for work at 3AM and Dozer hears the house creaking/dad's footsteps above him which sort of excites him. Dozer is also a big snorer, just like me lol...although sometimes he does cry and whimper in his sleep, and I do not know why.

Currently he is on a mixture of the Vet's brand Bland food and Nature's Variety Instinct Beef and Lamb meal. Before that he was on Fromm Puppy Gold Chiot. His eyes tear a lot, and he has tear stains that we are working on eliminating. He wont really sit still to let us clean them so I have been using an Oxy Acne pad to clean the stains, then dry them with a paper towel, then use Witch hazel on them. It seems to be working, I guess, but he's still tearing. My guess is because of the Vet's bland food. We will see how he does when he goes back to Nature's Variety full time, hopefully this Saturday when we go back to the Vet he will be off the bland food and he can also get his last shot :begging:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Miss Abby is doing great. She is almost 5 months old and weighed almost 18 pounds last time I had her in to the doctor. She has an appointment with her doctors tonight so I'll see if she's gained any more in the past 3 weeks. She sure feels like she has! Her clothes barely fit her anymore.

She sleeps with me and only wakes me once a night to go pee. She nips at my nose and cries when she wants to be let out and she snores like a lumberjack! If I take her out right after she eats she is good. But if I ask one of my kids to do it she seems to have accidents in the house (I wonder why). She still has days where she needs the training pad so we keep one down for her.

She eats about a cup of food 4 times a day and each time is like the first time. I swear she eats like it's her first meal ever. Abby gets a homemade diet, his week she is eating mixed beans and tofu. Plus whatever fruits I have on hand. Today I gave her a piece of cantaloupe. Remember that cartoon years ago where the dog got a snack then rubbed his belly and floated in the air? It was one of those old Hanna Barbara cartoons I think. Well.. Abby would have floated like that mut with her melon if she could lol

She's lost a couple of baby teeth and nips when she is playing, but she stops when you tell her to. Her face is starting to change. The lower jaw is starting to poke out more now. Those bottom teeth are always showing :)

As far as we can see she is doing wonderfully. But tonight she will be weighed and retested so I guess we will know for sure soon enough.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] Please keep us updated and possibly a new thread on Miss Abby! You are doing an amazing job thats why she is thriving the way she is!

OP
Howardsmom

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Yes please continue to keep us updated on Abby - she is amazing! I love reading about everyone's puppies!!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Miss Abby is doing great. She is almost 5 months old and weighed almost 18 pounds last time I had her in to the doctor. She has an appointment with her doctors tonight so I'll see if she's gained any more in the past 3 weeks. She sure feels like she has! Her clothes barely fit her anymore.

She sleeps with me and only wakes me once a night to go pee. She nips at my nose and cries when she wants to be let out and she snores like a lumberjack! If I take her out right after she eats she is good. But if I ask one of my kids to do it she seems to have accidents in the house (I wonder why). She still has days where she needs the training pad so we keep one down for her.

She eats about a cup of food 4 times a day and each time is like the first time. I swear she eats like it's her first meal ever. Abby gets a homemade diet, his week she is eating mixed beans and tofu. Plus whatever fruits I have on hand. Today I gave her a piece of cantaloupe. Remember that cartoon years ago where the dog got a snack then rubbed his belly and floated in the air? It was one of those old Hanna Barbara cartoons I think. Well.. Abby would have floated like that mut with her melon if she could lol

She's lost a couple of baby teeth and nips when she is playing, but she stops when you tell her to. Her face is starting to change. The lower jaw is starting to poke out more now. Those bottom teeth are always showing :) As far as we can see she is doing wonderfully. But tonight she will be weighed and retested so I guess we will know for sure soon enough.

MUTTLEY!!! From Wacky races wasn't it??? LOVED that show!

Hope Abby has a great vet visit.... prayers and positive thoughts.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma's just doing wonderful. She's 15 weeks today. I'll post up a new picture later today. She's doing really good on walks too! Plus she knows how to sit now and is learning the down command from a sit position. She also strode up on the living room table and started helping herself to my dinner the other night. It that set aside, she's just perfect and I couldn't be happier with her and the way her, Wilson and Jack interact.

Oh she's about 19/20 pounds now.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
MUTTLEY!!! From Wacky races wasn't it??? LOVED that show!

Hope Abby has a great vet visit.... prayers and positive thoughts.

I thought it was Mutley too but turns out it was Snuffles ( I got a chance to google it during my meeting :shhhh:)

I definitely will keep everyone posted on the sweety head. I'll start a new thread so I don't hijack this one :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I thought it was Mutley too but turns out it was Snuffles ( I got a chance to google it during my meeting :shhhh:)

I definitely will keep everyone posted on the sweety head. I'll start a new thread so I don't hijack this one :)

Love it... what great memories! Thanks... [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwwwww! :love: puppies! Good job everyone!! Pics would be nice too! :up:

Oh OK. Since you asked :D Here's my girl in her Friday Birthday present

IMAG0239.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.