Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh my word, that first pic on the left is priceless. The red face and watery eyes are definitely an allergy, may need a food change.

OP
C

Cooper11

Dozer's face is red under his chin, and his eyes tear a lot...I wonder what he could be allergic too...good luck to cooper...let us know how he makes out and what the vet says!

Look at my last post about cooper's vet visit. Dozer may have the same eye problem as Coop...might want to have your vet check. Vet also checked his skin today he scrapped some off and did a biopsy to make sure it wasn't a parasite that is common in EBs and causes red face and acne

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Look at my last post about cooper's vet visit. Dozer may have the same eye problem as Coop...might want to have your vet check. Vet also checked his skin today he scrapped some off and did a biopsy to make sure it wasn't a parasite that is common in EBs and causes red face and acne

Thanks, I'll bring it up to the vet when we go on Saturday. Poor Dozer not even 16 weeks old yet and he has had so many problems.

Firefighter Lilt

Feb 24, 2012
Baltimore,MD
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandon
I noticed Brandon's face has gotten alil red as well... On his chin seems to have two small bumps like acne.. I have taken pretty much everything from him other then his food, chew ropes, bottles, balls... I'm trying to see if maybe it is his toys or food.. Ive seen couple post up about Chicken... He isnt itching at his face thank god .. But I got an early look at it so fingers crossed.. I hope you find out everything that is going on with Coop... Please let us know what the new vet has to say...

@Cooper11 @Davidh @BruceP @JAKEISGREAT

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I noticed Brandon's face has gotten alil red as well... On his chin seems to have two small bumps like acne.. I have taken pretty much everything from him other then his food, chew ropes, bottles, balls... I'm trying to see if maybe it is his toys or food.. Ive seen couple post up about Chicken... He isnt itching at his face thank god .. But I got an early look at it so fingers crossed.. I hope you find out everything that is going on with Coop... Please let us know what the new vet has to say...

The bumps on their chin..are kinda a Bully thing! I use Maloket wipes..some use stridex with aloe..I found them to be too strong. Even just cleaning that area real well a few times a week will help. As far as the chicken allergy, I just kinda figured it out because his :poo: was just never hard enough. Some have much worse allergies to it. I noticed the difference when I switched his food to a non chicken protein. Sad to say, without allergy testing..it's a trial and error thing.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree with allergies as well b.c since Brutus's food switch to grain free things are looking much better! It seems his poo is still a tiny bit soft but not as it used to be! We have him on fromm beef now when this bag is done I think we are going to try Salmon next! The allergy test would be your best bet ... I want to wait until 12 months if I can but if I cant I would just do it to get it over with...Its hard finding out what it is trial and error

OP
C

Cooper11

Thanks, I'll bring it up to the vet when we go on Saturday. Poor Dozer not even 16 weeks old yet and he has had so many problems.

I feel ya! This is to be expected with this breed though...you just never know! I know you are a little different situation but Dozer is lucky to have you!!! I went to the vet for coops eye when it first started tearing really bad and that vet said nothing about this problem. I finally found a vet I LOVE and that deal with many English Bulldogs...just have to drive a little farther but I feel so much better knowing Coop is getting the attention he needs. This new vet checked his ears, eyes, everything with out me even asking. The other vet NEVER did that. He noticed the eye right away and even showed me the problem and it is just on 1 of Coops eye! So its never too bad to get a second opinion if yo fell like something may be wrong or going on with Dozer but the vet seems to be just passing it off....nor saying your vet is but just a little tip!

OP
C

Cooper11

Yeah I am dealing with the red face and red forehead now. I am thinking coop may have an allergy to something outside. I noticed that his face isn't as red when he stays in but when we go for walk or he plays otside chained up for awhile his face gets pretty red. I am also going to switch to Fromm food. Gracie use to have a red face and now that she changed to Fromm her face is perfect!!!

Firefighter Lilt

Feb 24, 2012
Baltimore,MD
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandon
What store has Fromm Food .. I looked around Walmart the other night while I was there ... Nothing there plus I wont buy anything for Brandon from there lol... :poo: I maybe changing his food soon as well ... Once I figure out what it is from

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What store has Fromm Food .. I looked around Walmart the other night while I was there ... Nothing there plus I wont buy anything for Brandon from there lol... :poo: I maybe changing his food soon as well ... Once I figure out what it is from
There is a store locator on their website frommfamily. You won't find it in the big chain stores.

I don't know if anyone mentioned but what do your bullies eat out of..... anything other than stainless steel can cause allergic reactions.

Somewhere above someone said that their poooor baby has had so many problems..... well, food is the #1 thing to having a healthy bully. It isn't something that you are going to find the first time changing what you feed if it is a common item in all foods. If you are seriously having bad issues have the dog tested for allergies. A little redness on the chin is not a serious problem and is not just related to bullies. Maybe try wiping his face after he drinks. Could be that simple.

OP
C

Cooper11

There is a store locator on their website frommfamily. You won't find it in the big chain stores.

I don't know if anyone mentioned but what do your bullies eat out of..... anything other than stainless steel can cause allergic reactions.

Somewhere above someone said that their poooor baby has had so many problems..... well, food is the #1 thing to having a healthy bully. It isn't something that you are going to find the first time changing what you feed if it is a common item in all foods. If you are seriously having bad issues have the dog tested for allergies. A little redness on the chin is not a serious problem and is not just related to bullies. Maybe try wiping his face after he drinks. Could be that simple.

That was probably Brooklynstar....and I guess a lot of his problems are because of poor breeding or something! He got his pup at a pet store and he is now suing the pets store......says many pup that have been purchased there are sick and alot have died!

OP
C

Cooper11

View attachment 18424View attachment 18425View attachment 18426View attachment 18428View attachment 18429I am going to vet tomorrow.. but coops face seems extra red ad his one eye won't stop watering! I have been cleaning and putting powder on it and nothing is helping to dry it. It is raw! O and some cute pics of Dayton and Cooper...you can see his red face in those too!O ignore Dayton's blue pop sickle face!
These pics kinda show his red face and tear stains.... he was redder in the face and forehead than these pics show and I will tag you in the after pics too

[MENTION=3652]Lauren31287[/MENTION]

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs has had watery eyes and a red face off and on for about a week. I took him to the Vet last Wendseday because he couldn't keep his left eye open in the evenings. This happened to him last year around this time, so we are thinking it is allergies. His rope has been pretty bad too. He is on allergy meds, but if it keeps up I'm going to try Benadryl. He also has eye drops that he absolutely loves.....NOT! We go back for a follow up Thursday. If this is something new it might be an allergy, but may take a little bit of research to find out what it is from. Tubs had a couple of reactions to different foods (horrible tear stains, horrible gas). But we did finally find something that worked. If he has been on his food for a while with no problems and this is something new I think it is more environmental. Good luck and keep us posted!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The eyes watering do sound like allergies .... and Maggie has one eye that waters more than the other one so it's not unusual for that to happen.,

OP
C

Cooper11

Tubs has had watery eyes and a red face off and on for about a week. I took him to the Vet last Wendseday because he couldn't keep his left eye open in the evenings. This happened to him last year around this time, so we are thinking it is allergies. His rope has been pretty bad too. He is on allergy meds, but if it keeps up I'm going to try Benadryl. He also has eye drops that he absolutely loves.....NOT! We go back for a follow up Thursday. If this is something new it might be an allergy, but may take a little bit of research to find out what it is from. Tubs had a couple of reactions to different foods (horrible tear stains, horrible gas). But we did finally find something that worked. If he has been on his food for a while with no problems and this is something new I think it is more environmental. Good luck and keep us posted!

Yes since I have learned Coop and grain do not mesh and I got on the grain free 4 star fromm....Coopers face looks awesome. No tear stains little pink here and there but he has outside allergies too. I have been giving him benedryl and zrytec here and there. One of Coopers eye tears and the other doesn't may ask the vet about entropion but I agree with [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I am thinking his is allergies if it just started. Cooper has etropion in his eye that tears....it when the his eye lid folds in too much and his eyelashes scratch his eye.....Its really not noticeable I don't even see it but I have been told by 2 vets he has it...and that eye always waters so I am considering surgery but so far it really isn't a big issue. I would try some allergy meds on Tubs!! I love that name!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online