red face and tearing eye

C

Cooper11

IMG_0374.jpgIMG_0375.jpgIMG_0376.jpgIMG_0399.jpgIMG_0400.jpg

I am going to vet tomorrow.. but coops face seems extra red ad his one eye won't stop watering! I have been cleaning and putting powder on it and nothing is helping to dry it. It is raw! O and some cute pics of Dayton and Cooper...you can see his red face in those too!
O ignore Dayton's blue pop sickle face!

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
The red in his face could be allergy related! The eyes watering as well! The yellow crusty you were talking about Im not sure b/c his eye doesnt look to red for their to be infection! But then again could it still be infected like you said! The skin is raw does it bother him when you touch around it!?

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
The red in his face could be allergy related! The eyes watering as well! The yellow crusty you were talking about Im not sure and it does look a little red on the eye a bit maybe pink eye or it could just be allergies! But then again could it still be infected like you said! The skin is raw does it bother him when you touch around it!? you go to a new vet soon right?

OP
C

Cooper11

I just powdered it too and usually his face looks really good and white after I powder it..... but the powder is doing nothing at all....I use my finger to rub the powder around and my finger gets wet ..that s not normal for him anyway. Also I thought it smelled a little funny this morning but then I thought I was being over paranoid or I could still smell throw up or something. I am excited to go to this new vet tomorrow and see what they say. Really if they aren't a good vet for EB then I am :poo: outa luck cuz there is no vet close that is good or deal with a lot of bullies! I am jut frustrated!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I bet you are Meg and sorry that cooper and you are going through this! I pray this vet can give you answers and help you guys out! Hopefully its nothing! The reason I think its pink eye is b/c its one eye! Usually with allergies its both eyes but I could be wrong. Lets see what the others say!

OP
C

Cooper11

Actually Coop looks pretty good in the pic that I took pulling his face back so you can see the red and the tear stains.....hmmmmm......he kinda looks like a cute puppy. We may have to look into some puppy plastic surgery! Face lift here we come! :blink:

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey just stopping in ... hoping for a good vet visit and hoping Coopy Boy Gets better soon! Please keep me posted on whats going on!!! Hope all is well !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Your baby is allergic to something... most likely environmental. Benedryl 2x a day 1mg per pound.

Also, your two babies are best buds and I love the pictures

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
OMG those pictures are ADORABLE!!!!

Nothing has worked better for Samson's irritated wrinkles than neo-predef powder, that stuff is awesome! It's by prescription only. In my case it was really expensive from my vet so I searched for it online when I needed a refill and I was able to get it much cheaper from Dr. Fosters & Smith (although I am sure alot of other internet retailers sell it for a similiar price, they are just who I found).

OP
C

Cooper11

Your baby is allergic to something... most likely environmental. Benedryl 2x a day 1mg per pound.

Also, your two babies are best buds and I love the pictures
So the bendryl will take care of the red face?? Possibly if it is allergies???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So the bendryl will take care of the red face?? Possibly if it is allergies???

it does not eliminate it, but it does lessen the irritation. I have pictures before we used it on them and after. I will find them and post.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer's face is red under his chin, and his eyes tear a lot...I wonder what he could be allergic too...good luck to cooper...let us know how he makes out and what the vet says!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.