Thread: red face and tearing eye

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: red face and tearing eye

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter Lilt View Post
    What store has Fromm Food .. I looked around Walmart the other night while I was there ... Nothing there plus I wont buy anything for Brandon from there lol... I maybe changing his food soon as well ... Once I figure out what it is from
    There is a store locator on their website frommfamily. You won't find it in the big chain stores.

I don't know if anyone mentioned but what do your bullies eat out of..... anything other than stainless steel can cause allergic reactions.

Somewhere above someone said that their poooor baby has had so many problems..... well, food is the #1 thing to having a healthy bully. It isn't something that you are going to find the first time changing what you feed if it is a common item in all foods. If you are seriously having bad issues have the dog tested for allergies. A little redness on the chin is not a serious problem and is not just related to bullies. Maybe try wiping his face after he drinks. Could be that simple.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    There is a store locator on their website frommfamily. You won't find it in the big chain stores.

I don't know if anyone mentioned but what do your bullies eat out of..... anything other than stainless steel can cause allergic reactions.

Somewhere above someone said that their poooor baby has had so many problems..... well, food is the #1 thing to having a healthy bully. It isn't something that you are going to find the first time changing what you feed if it is a common item in all foods. If you are seriously having bad issues have the dog tested for allergies. A little redness on the chin is not a serious problem and is not just related to bullies. Maybe try wiping his face after he drinks. Could be that simple.
    That was probably Brooklynstar....and I guess a lot of his problems are because of poor breeding or something! He got his pup at a pet store and he is now suing the pets store......says many pup that have been purchased there are sick and alot have died!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Attachment 18424Attachment 18425Attachment 18426Attachment 18428Attachment 18429I am going to vet tomorrow.. but coops face seems extra red ad his one eye won't stop watering! I have been cleaning and putting powder on it and nothing is helping to dry it. It is raw! O and some cute pics of Dayton and Cooper...you can see his red face in those too!O ignore Dayton's blue pop sickle face!
    These pics kinda show his red face and tear stains.... he was redder in the face and forehead than these pics show and I will tag you in the after pics too

@Lauren31287

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Tubs has had watery eyes and a red face off and on for about a week. I took him to the Vet last Wendseday because he couldn't keep his left eye open in the evenings. This happened to him last year around this time, so we are thinking it is allergies. His rope has been pretty bad too. He is on allergy meds, but if it keeps up I'm going to try Benadryl. He also has eye drops that he absolutely loves.....NOT! We go back for a follow up Thursday. If this is something new it might be an allergy, but may take a little bit of research to find out what it is from. Tubs had a couple of reactions to different foods (horrible tear stains, horrible gas). But we did finally find something that worked. If he has been on his food for a while with no problems and this is something new I think it is more environmental. Good luck and keep us posted!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

The eyes watering do sound like allergies .... and Maggie has one eye that waters more than the other one so it's not unusual for that to happen.,

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by speechmom53 View Post
    Tubs has had watery eyes and a red face off and on for about a week. I took him to the Vet last Wendseday because he couldn't keep his left eye open in the evenings. This happened to him last year around this time, so we are thinking it is allergies. His rope has been pretty bad too. He is on allergy meds, but if it keeps up I'm going to try Benadryl. He also has eye drops that he absolutely loves.....NOT! We go back for a follow up Thursday. If this is something new it might be an allergy, but may take a little bit of research to find out what it is from. Tubs had a couple of reactions to different foods (horrible tear stains, horrible gas). But we did finally find something that worked. If he has been on his food for a while with no problems and this is something new I think it is more environmental. Good luck and keep us posted!
    Yes since I have learned Coop and grain do not mesh and I got on the grain free 4 star fromm....Coopers face looks awesome. No tear stains little pink here and there but he has outside allergies too. I have been giving him benedryl and zrytec here and there. One of Coopers eye tears and the other doesn't may ask the vet about entropion but I agree with @kazzy220 I am thinking his is allergies if it just started. Cooper has etropion in his eye that tears....it when the his eye lid folds in too much and his eyelashes scratch his eye.....Its really not noticeable I don't even see it but I have been told by 2 vets he has it...and that eye always waters so I am considering surgery but so far it really isn't a big issue. I would try some allergy meds on Tubs!! I love that name!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads