Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: red face and tearing eye

Cooper11

Default Re: red face and tearing eye

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Your baby is allergic to something... most likely environmental. Benedryl 2x a day 1mg per pound.

Also, your two babies are best buds and I love the pictures
    So the bendryl will take care of the red face?? Possibly if it is allergies???

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    So the bendryl will take care of the red face?? Possibly if it is allergies???
    it does not eliminate it, but it does lessen the irritation. I have pictures before we used it on them and after. I will find them and post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Dozer's face is red under his chin, and his eyes tear a lot...I wonder what he could be allergic too...good luck to cooper...let us know how he makes out and what the vet says!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Oh my word, that first pic on the left is priceless. The red face and watery eyes are definitely an allergy, may need a food change.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Dozer's face is red under his chin, and his eyes tear a lot...I wonder what he could be allergic too...good luck to cooper...let us know how he makes out and what the vet says!
    Look at my last post about cooper's vet visit. Dozer may have the same eye problem as Coop...might want to have your vet check. Vet also checked his skin today he scrapped some off and did a biopsy to make sure it wasn't a parasite that is common in EBs and causes red face and acne

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Look at my last post about cooper's vet visit. Dozer may have the same eye problem as Coop...might want to have your vet check. Vet also checked his skin today he scrapped some off and did a biopsy to make sure it wasn't a parasite that is common in EBs and causes red face and acne
    Thanks, I'll bring it up to the vet when we go on Saturday. Poor Dozer not even 16 weeks old yet and he has had so many problems.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brandon
    Likes (Received)

I noticed Brandon's face has gotten alil red as well... On his chin seems to have two small bumps like acne.. I have taken pretty much everything from him other then his food, chew ropes, bottles, balls... I'm trying to see if maybe it is his toys or food.. Ive seen couple post up about Chicken... He isnt itching at his face thank god .. But I got an early look at it so fingers crossed.. I hope you find out everything that is going on with Coop... Please let us know what the new vet has to say...

@Cooper11 @Davidh @BruceP @JAKEISGREAT
    Brandon chilling wit daddy !

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter Lilt View Post
    I noticed Brandon's face has gotten alil red as well... On his chin seems to have two small bumps like acne.. I have taken pretty much everything from him other then his food, chew ropes, bottles, balls... I'm trying to see if maybe it is his toys or food.. Ive seen couple post up about Chicken... He isnt itching at his face thank god .. But I got an early look at it so fingers crossed.. I hope you find out everything that is going on with Coop... Please let us know what the new vet has to say...

The bumps on their chin..are kinda a Bully thing! I use Maloket wipes..some use stridex with aloe..I found them to be too strong. Even just cleaning that area real well a few times a week will help. As far as the chicken allergy, I just kinda figured it out because his was just never hard enough. Some have much worse allergies to it. I noticed the difference when I switched his food to a non chicken protein. Sad to say, without allergy testing..it's a trial and error thing.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with allergies as well b.c since Brutus's food switch to grain free things are looking much better! It seems his poo is still a tiny bit soft but not as it used to be! We have him on fromm beef now when this bag is done I think we are going to try Salmon next! The allergy test would be your best bet ... I want to wait until 12 months if I can but if I cant I would just do it to get it over with...Its hard finding out what it is trial and error
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Thanks, I'll bring it up to the vet when we go on Saturday. Poor Dozer not even 16 weeks old yet and he has had so many problems.
    I feel ya! This is to be expected with this breed though...you just never know! I know you are a little different situation but Dozer is lucky to have you!!! I went to the vet for coops eye when it first started tearing really bad and that vet said nothing about this problem. I finally found a vet I LOVE and that deal with many English Bulldogs...just have to drive a little farther but I feel so much better knowing Coop is getting the attention he needs. This new vet checked his ears, eyes, everything with out me even asking. The other vet NEVER did that. He noticed the eye right away and even showed me the problem and it is just on 1 of Coops eye! So its never too bad to get a second opinion if yo fell like something may be wrong or going on with Dozer but the vet seems to be just passing it off....nor saying your vet is but just a little tip!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter Lilt View Post

Yeah I am dealing with the red face and red forehead now. I am thinking coop may have an allergy to something outside. I noticed that his face isn't as red when he stays in but when we go for walk or he plays otside chained up for awhile his face gets pretty red. I am also going to switch to Fromm food. Gracie use to have a red face and now that she changed to Fromm her face is perfect!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brandon
    Likes (Received)

What store has Fromm Food .. I looked around Walmart the other night while I was there ... Nothing there plus I wont buy anything for Brandon from there lol... I maybe changing his food soon as well ... Once I figure out what it is from
    Brandon chilling wit daddy !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads