Does my little Bullie pup have mange????? Pictures inside

LillyBulldog

Dec 13, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Hello!

I just brought Lilly in for spaying on Friday 3/9/2012. She is about 5 months old. I thought the stitches and area looked a little swollen, so I brought her into the vet clinic tonight to get the area cleaned and inspected by a professional. Everything is fine, but when I was waiting in the waiting room, I noticed a small growth on her head that I have never seen before. Its a pink growth with no hair on it. I did some research and it looks like it could be mange caused by mites!??! They said it could happen when her immune system is weak (she is recovering from surgery). Any advice would be helpful, I am freaking out now!

photo (1).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is that 3 pictures of 1 spot? If yes, it looks like the start of a hotspot also due to a weak immune system. Shave the hair around it and clean it with some regular Listerine --- then keep it dry.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny had the same thing when he was a puppy we had it removed but you can still see thee mark where it was, he also had dermotic mange. have a vet look at him,good luck

OP
L

LillyBulldog

Dec 13, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Oh god.. I hope that doesn't need to happen. She did have a little yeast in her ears when I brought her to the vet which makes me think it could have an allergic reaction to the food. Any suggestions on puppy food for bullies with allergies? I have been trying to do a search but there have been so many posts without any answers, its hard to find some.

I'm currently feeding her Fromm Puppy Gold with a scoop of Bil Jac.

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
As far as the allergys I would have a vet look at the sore on her! It could just be a hotspot or it could be mange or just allergies but first rule out the mange issue! Right now at 5months you could use an all stages instead of puppy! A lot of members start their bullys on all stages earlier. I switched later b/c I didnt know I could do that! I switch from Solid Gold to Fromm! On the bulldog nutrition forum there is a thread for food recommendations by star rating...Give that a look but before switching food just have the vet check out the spot to rule other things out! Let me know if you need anything else...Im sure others will be by as well to give you more advice!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh god.. I hope that doesn't need to happen. She did have a little yeast in her ears when I brought her to the vet which makes me think it could have an allergic reaction to the food. Any suggestions on puppy food for bullies with allergies? I have been trying to do a search but there have been so many posts without any answers, its hard to find some.

I'm currently feeding her Fromm Puppy Gold with a scoop of Bil Jac.

Stop the Bil-Jac and see if there is any change.

I

ImAGuinneyPig

You said you noticed this growth on her head when you were in the vet office waiting room. So what did the vet say it is when you showed it?

Members online

No members online now.