Sadie is sick :(

harleyshay1

Sep 5, 2011
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
SADIE
Hi guys,My bully Sadie has a really upset tummy. She has had runny yellowish diarrhea type stool for the past three days. She has not gotten into anything that I know of. We do feed her table food, but it has never made her sick before. She hasnt ate dog food in about a day and a half, and we quit giving her table food because we dont want to make her tummy worse. She has thrown up two or three times; she mostly just has the diarrhea though. I dont know what is wrong with her or what to do. Sometimes she acts sluggish and tired like she doesnt feel well, and other times she starts running around and playing like she feels fine.Any ideas? Please help,Harley && Sadie. 021.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I can only tell you what I would do. Because she is a pup..it's important she doesn't get dehydrated. And going this long without keeping her food own..I would get her to a vet. Get her stabilized..then you can figure out what happened. Let's get some others here to help! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]..[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh I'm so sorry to hear she's not feeling well. Since she's having diarrhea and throwing up, make sure to keep her hydrated. You can put a little chicken broth or pedialyte in her water to entice her to drink more. And have you tried the bland diet? It's rice and boiled chicken/hamburger (ground beef). That'll usually treat an upset tummy. Even if you need to hand feed her little portions a few times a day is good, it's better than not eating.

Please also take her temp regularly. It should be between 98 and 101 degrees.

But to be on the safe side, I would take her to the vet and have her checked out. Might be a good idea too to take a stool sample with you. She may have caught a parasite or something.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Absolutely agree with previous posts, also add some plain canned pumpkin to that bland diet, about a tablespoon per meal. sounds like it could be some sort of parasite, and I would back off on the table food for awhile too. Please keep us posted.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont have much to add as you already got a lot of great advice! I would call the vet and get her in tommorow! If they cant see her maybe you have a animal hospital near you! It could be nothing but b/c she is a pup and not eating it could turn serious if not taken care of! Hope all goes well and please keep us posted

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Take her to the vet and make sure its not a parasite or something. let us know how it goes.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Yellowish Diarrhea is a sign of possible infection or irratation to something eaten that didnt agree with the pup... I would get her to a vet..

[h=1][/h]
"Dog yellow diarrhea is probably due your dog eating something he or she shouldn't have or a food intolerance. Other possible causes include parvovirus or a reaction to a medication. If due you suspect food intolerance or something as simple as a bacterial imbalance, then change your dog's diet while providing water."

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
You got great advise above, so I hope Sadie gets well soon. It's fun when they are sick like that. Good luck! 😢

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yellow poo I think is an indication of infection..... please go to the vet and do the blan diet till you know what is going on with your puppy.

Good luck and keep us posted

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
please do keep us posted. I am a paranoid poop mom, right now it sounds as if she is having a reaction to food. Get her to a vet to rule out things. Good luck

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You have some good advice above and if she is not better by tomorrow morning I would get her to the vet. I'm sure she is already dehydrated. Plus I would lay off the table food. Please keep us posted how she is doing.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Aww, I hope she feels better soon.

Please, if possible, be very careful with the table food. There are so many things dogs can't tolerate that people don't realize are harmful - there's a good list here:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&aid=1030

I wish we could give our bullie people food - but he has a sensitive tummy and he'd always get diarrhea when given scraps - lesson learned long ago...

Hope all it is is an upset tummy. I've boiled chicken and rice before and that helped - though many bullies are allergic to chicken. Good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would take her temperature (thermometer rectally) and if it is above 101 degrees I would get her to the vet. As stated in above posts, if she becomes dehydrated she could easily take a turn for the worst. Also agree to bring some stool with you, they only need a little bit to test it.

There could be numerous causes, eating something foreign (a toy, a sock), table food, or a parasite.

Hope she feels better soon, please keep us updated with her progress!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.