Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peeing in rebellion? Or for attention?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Peeing in rebellion? Or for attention?

Been having the same kind of problem with Uni. She used to sleep in her bed in the kennel through the night, but when we moved to a new house we let her sleep in our bed for a couple of nights because we had not moved her kennel. Ever sense then, she will go to bed in her kennel but she wants to get in our bed at the first light in the morning. Well I tried to resist the whining and her banging the cage at 5o am. And I did but then she started to pee in the kennel!!! So after like a week of washing her bed every day I we want back to have a bullie in the bed. My BF doesn't like her in the bed, and I don't really love it either, she's a bed hog! So what to do now?? Oh and the first time we left her in the new house for a while she pee'ed on the couch too, part of the couch she thinks is her bed, she only did it the one time, we left her for like 20 mins and she had just been outside before so I don't think it was because she had to go, I think it was because she was mad. I hope you guys are right I hope she grows out of this....
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

@ChanelnBrutus - funny you mention removing the bed and blanket for a week. When I do take away her bed she has her backup but one time she wet the backup right after her initial episode and had to go with nothing. After this, she went with nothing for 1 day and night and went the longest w/o doing it again afterwards. So, it does help and I do think they appreciate these things for sure![/QUOTE]

OMG Brutus would sometimes look at me while he was peeing in his crate with all his blankets...After a couple times I said you know lets see what happens if I take it out! I did for 1 week and he was upset and I was upset that he might not be comfy but it ended up working! Also when he was a baby I would make sure that I fed him in the cage and gave him water in their to avoid it! THey are just gonna do what they want I think sometimes lol Good LUck and hope it all works out....keep me posted
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Alot of good advice! It's definitely not a regular thing, pretty rare, but Samson has pottyed in the house and I KNOW it is him being rebellious/seeking attention.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Although I have been told that animals don't have those types of emotions, I personally vote for her showing her displeasure of you leaving her. Ooh the things we do an put up with for their love. By the way welcome and she is really adorable. It's so hard when they give you the woe is me eyes to be mad at them.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergie
    Likes (Received)

@Bizzymammabee - that's what I have heard also, but it's remarkable how they express themselves in ways we have to decipher. I just had to make sure it wasn't just me making it up in my mind.

Last night she gave me a good run in trying to get up on the couch. I didn't let her only b/c I want her to realize she did a no-no and not reinforce that peeing gets her what she wants but in fact takes away what she likes. So, she was persistent until I gave her the alpha no in a firm tone of voice and she went to sleep.

below - what normally happens.

and she started like this -

and continued - (taken another time, but same deal)

and last efforts -

but, she threw in the towel at the end after a firm NO -

Her bed should be dry today. I'll see after her walk if she's up for having it brought out. It kills me to see her sad.
    Last edited by BoneHat; 03-13-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads