How Far.....

C

Cooper11

Ok so now that it is nice I am going to try to take Coop for more walks...I think it will be good for him, and hell I need to shed a few lbs myself....or not just a few ALOT!!! :blink: Anyway we went on a walk yesterday, maybe a half mile and then again today we walked and picked my daughter up from school, about 2 blocks away! And of course Coop had to drop a big one :poo: on the way back in the school yard....... :eek: We busted a** out there before anyone knew it was us! :yes: Anyway I want to know...for all of you that take your bullies for walks how far do you go. Coop act like 2 blocks or well 4 all together there and back is like a marathon. His tongue hanging out like he is about to die. Well I was sweating too lol....I think we are both outa shape! But I don't want to push him too far and I have no clue how far these bullies can walk! Don't want to hurt my baby!
:walk:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I usually only do a block or two..Mine poop out quick

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
1 block, HRH is fine. We went around 2 blocks and her cute little butt (and mine) was dragging the rest of the day.... BUT, she is 5.5 years old. Im a bit older. ;)

OP
C

Cooper11

Very good to know this! I am so glad i asked cuz i was going to walk to my moms and that is a mile one way! :eek:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
About 2 blocks is good, if if gets hot don't even go that far. Here when it gets hot ours are out side, do your business and back in with no walk.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We do about a block and a half, he is panting by the time we get home and flops down on the cool tile and passes out. Vegas is almost 3.

OP
C

Cooper11

About 2 blocks is good, if if gets hot don't even go that far. Here when it gets hot ours are out side, do your business and back in with no walk.

Yes that is why I am doing the walks now! It is so nice with a bit of a chill. I live in Iowa and the summers get sooo hot and humid!!! We walked yesterday and he was one tired boy when we got home...to top it off he got bath after that so I think I wore him out. He went in the bedroom at 8 and never came back out lol!

I also use to let him out and not chain him up but with this nice weather he has been roaming and leaving the yard so I finally started chaining him up and he will just sit outside for like a half hour just sitting there. He loves being outside. He wanted right out there when we got home from our walk!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
[MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] You tell her! You know how our daughters are - they don't think we know anything! I just brought my baby boy home and my daughter will be bringing hers home soon. I can already guess how that will go!

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
[MENTION=3913]wheezer[/MENTION] Congrats on your baby boy!!!! I have 3 daughters and they all think they know everything......but we know thats not true! I just need too do this sometimes!!! :sense: !!!!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake is a walker! I take him and Dena dog for about a 20 minute one early in the morning..now that the time has changed..they will get a late day one too! My hubby takes them up a mountin trail on a fire road on the weekends..and it's a few miles! Now...both of them are dog tired for about an hour after...but soon enough Jake is right back in my face trying to have me throw that DANG ball! :cursing:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In the winter time we take a walk for about 1 hour and in the summer time depending on the weather, if it's cool enough in the evening we might walk the same time. The pace of the walk is totally depended on Usko. When he's really in to it it can be more than 2 miles and when not it is a lot less.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ollie and ivy go on long forest walks, and they run quite a bit too. granted, they have been doing this since they were puppies, and they do NOT go in the heat (anything above 20 celsius). here in sudbury, we have enough cool weather that for 60% of the year it is cool enough for them.

OP
C

Cooper11

Dahh....I told you that was to far! Mom knows best!!!!! :happydance:

Sure ya do!!! Why don't you read [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] comment and the one below hers.... I think Coop may be a power walker like Jake!!! :yes:

OP
C

Cooper11

ollie and ivy go on long forest walks, and they run quite a bit too. granted, they have been doing this since they were puppies, and they do NOT go in the heat (anything above 20 celsius). here in sudbury, we have enough cool weather that for 60% of the year it is cool enough for them.

aaaaaa...... :blink: 20 celsius..... you canadians!! :) I'm not that smart to translate to Fahrenheit.... But then again maybe you weren't either :ROFL:
:heart: Ollieivy :picknose:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.