Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Far.....

Cooper11

Default How Far.....

Ok so now that it is nice I am going to try to take Coop for more walks...I think it will be good for him, and hell I need to shed a few lbs myself....or not just a few ALOT!!! Anyway we went on a walk yesterday, maybe a half mile and then again today we walked and picked my daughter up from school, about 2 blocks away! And of course Coop had to drop a big one on the way back in the school yard....... We busted a** out there before anyone knew it was us! Anyway I want to know...for all of you that take your bullies for walks how far do you go. Coop act like 2 blocks or well 4 all together there and back is like a marathon. His tongue hanging out like he is about to die. Well I was sweating too lol....I think we are both outa shape! But I don't want to push him too far and I have no clue how far these bullies can walk! Don't want to hurt my baby!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How Far.....

I usually only do a block or two..Mine poop out quick

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

1 block, HRH is fine. We went around 2 blocks and her cute little butt (and mine) was dragging the rest of the day.... BUT, she is 5.5 years old. Im a bit older.

Cooper11

Very good to know this! I am so glad i asked cuz i was going to walk to my moms and that is a mile one way!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

About 2 blocks is good, if if gets hot don't even go that far. Here when it gets hot ours are out side, do your business and back in with no walk.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

We do about a block and a half, he is panting by the time we get home and flops down on the cool tile and passes out. Vegas is almost 3.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    About 2 blocks is good, if if gets hot don't even go that far. Here when it gets hot ours are out side, do your business and back in with no walk.
    Yes that is why I am doing the walks now! It is so nice with a bit of a chill. I live in Iowa and the summers get sooo hot and humid!!! We walked yesterday and he was one tired boy when we got home...to top it off he got bath after that so I think I wore him out. He went in the bedroom at 8 and never came back out lol!

I also use to let him out and not chain him up but with this nice weather he has been roaming and leaving the yard so I finally started chaining him up and he will just sit outside for like a half hour just sitting there. He loves being outside. He wanted right out there when we got home from our walk!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Very good to know this! I am so glad i asked cuz i was going to walk to my moms and that is a mile one way!
    Dahh....I told you that was to far! Mom knows best!!!!!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

@GRACIE11 You tell her! You know how our daughters are - they don't think we know anything! I just brought my baby boy home and my daughter will be bringing hers home soon. I can already guess how that will go!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

@wheezer Congrats on your baby boy!!!! I have 3 daughters and they all think they know everything......but we know thats not true! I just need too do this sometimes!!! !!!!!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Jake is a walker! I take him and Dena dog for about a 20 minute one early in the morning..now that the time has changed..they will get a late day one too! My hubby takes them up a mountin trail on a fire road on the weekends..and it's a few miles! Now...both of them are dog tired for about an hour after...but soon enough Jake is right back in my face trying to have me throw that DANG ball!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

In the winter time we take a walk for about 1 hour and in the summer time depending on the weather, if it's cool enough in the evening we might walk the same time. The pace of the walk is totally depended on Usko. When he's really in to it it can be more than 2 miles and when not it is a lot less.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads