How Far.....

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson goes for a walk everyday at lunch time with his dogwalker and he gets a 30 min walk with me every evening after work. Certain days he drags behind so we just head back home.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I used to walk Mack (Ruggles, too after we got him) 2 to 4 miles every day. The 4 miles was flat except up our 1/4 mile driveway, the 2 miles involved some climbing up and down. I always took them in the morning after they had breakfast. We live in the mountains and it is always cool in the morning before the sun comes up over the mountains (10 am). Now, since Mack's heart condition (irregular heart beat) was diagnosed 2 yrs. ago he sets the pace. Sometimes we go on a mosey, sniffing lots of wildflowers, for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Mack will be 9 June 6th. I guess it depends on the dog, but as long as the temp is cool (50s is good for us) and their pads are tough, they can walk!

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Mine get 30-45 mins on weekdays, but if I kept going I'm sure they would too. On weekends we try to do a 3 hour walk around local parks. Once my friends took them on a 10km hike, and they still wanted more!

Granted this is all in mild Canadian weather. Not cold and not hot.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
aaaaaa...... :blink: 20 celsius..... you canadians!! :) I'm not that smart to translate to Fahrenheit.... But then again maybe you weren't either :ROFL:

i'm not that smart, but a calculator is! :tongue:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I take them to the "dog park" in my town, it's a small woods with a few paths that dogs are allowed off leash. We will go for at least an hour everyday which is about a mile and a half. We stop and play with the other dogs so half the time we are there Gio is running threw the woods chasing the much faster dogs! Diva could care less about the other dogs. But now that it's light longer we go twice a day. It's great because no matter what time we go, we will see at least 10 other dogs.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The more exercise they get the better, just like us humans. But you have to build the duration gradually. Since Coop is a puppy he should be pretty easy to build up to a couple miles if you can keep up with him. I believe Cesar said "a tired puppy is a good puppy"

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The more exercise they get the better, just like us humans. But you have to build the duration gradually. Since Coop is a puppy he should be pretty easy to build up to a couple miles if you can keep up with him. I believe Cesar said "a tired puppy is a good puppy"

​Soooooo..obviously Jake ain't tired enough!! :laugh:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Obviously! Don't you wish you could borrow some of his excess energy?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The longest we've walked with Stig was that 2.4km ovarian cancer walk. We emptied out at least 8 water bottles to keep him cool. When he goes to daycare he runs around all day and doesn't take naps, so his stamina is pretty up there.

Punkin, on the other hand, has this slight limp and favours his right leg so we tend not to go to far with him. He also breathes heavier than Stig so we're going to be more diligent keeping them cool this summer.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I never really tracked the distance, but it is usually 20 mins. Banks can handle more than Nitschke could and Cheli is still pending due to nice weather just coming in

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont know the milleage of our walk but we walk every morning about 30 minutes and every night 30 minutes! :hmm: Maybe not everyday but I try as much as I can! We have a fenced in backyard so I dont feel as bad lol

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
I have been walking Kain a good 30 mins or more at a solid pace, my yorkie was panting from being lazy, Kain could of still ran lol. Only a puppy at 14 weeks but he likes it now. We're around 13 Celsius so about 50 F

OP
C

Cooper11

I have been walking Kain a good 30 mins or more at a solid pace, my yorkie was panting from being lazy, Kain could of still ran lol. Only a puppy at 14 weeks but he likes it now. We're around 13 Celsius so about 50 F

[MENTION=4411]ollieivy[/MENTION] here is our calculator! Smarty Pants!!!! Vince you are a really awesome bully owner!!! Great trainer and you can tell you love your pets!!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
@ollieivy here is our calculator! Smarty Pants!!!! Vince you are a really awesome bully owner!!! Great trainer and you can tell you love your pets!!

Ahh thx, wish I did the same with my yorkie, the bulldog was my dream dog so I'm committed more than ever. Looking forward to the little buddy as he gets older. He is such a head turner. 4 teeth gone now and new ones coming in already they grow fast.

OP
C

Cooper11

Ahh thx, wish I did the same with my yorkie, the bulldog was my dream dog so I'm committed more than ever. Looking forward to the little buddy as he gets older. He is such a head turner. 4 teeth gone now and new ones coming in already they grow fast.

Yes they grow super fast!!!! I loved when Coop lost those dangerous weapons of baby teeth!!! Finally didn't have to worry about get slashed by them!!!!

Members online

No members online now.