Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Far.....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How Far.....

ollie and ivy go on long forest walks, and they run quite a bit too. granted, they have been doing this since they were puppies, and they do NOT go in the heat (anything above 20 celsius). here in sudbury, we have enough cool weather that for 60% of the year it is cool enough for them.
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by GRACIE11 View Post
    Dahh....I told you that was to far! Mom knows best!!!!!
    Sure ya do!!! Why don't you read @JAKEISGREAT comment and the one below hers.... I think Coop may be a power walker like Jake!!!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by ollieivy View Post
    ollie and ivy go on long forest walks, and they run quite a bit too. granted, they have been doing this since they were puppies, and they do NOT go in the heat (anything above 20 celsius). here in sudbury, we have enough cool weather that for 60% of the year it is cool enough for them.
    aaaaaa...... 20 celsius..... you canadians!! I'm not that smart to translate to Fahrenheit.... But then again maybe you weren't either
    Ollieivy :picknose:

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Watson goes for a walk everyday at lunch time with his dogwalker and he gets a 30 min walk with me every evening after work. Certain days he drags behind so we just head back home.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

I used to walk Mack (Ruggles, too after we got him) 2 to 4 miles every day. The 4 miles was flat except up our 1/4 mile driveway, the 2 miles involved some climbing up and down. I always took them in the morning after they had breakfast. We live in the mountains and it is always cool in the morning before the sun comes up over the mountains (10 am). Now, since Mack's heart condition (irregular heart beat) was diagnosed 2 yrs. ago he sets the pace. Sometimes we go on a mosey, sniffing lots of wildflowers, for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Mack will be 9 June 6th. I guess it depends on the dog, but as long as the temp is cool (50s is good for us) and their pads are tough, they can walk!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)

Mine get 30-45 mins on weekdays, but if I kept going I'm sure they would too. On weekends we try to do a 3 hour walk around local parks. Once my friends took them on a 10km hike, and they still wanted more!

Granted this is all in mild Canadian weather. Not cold and not hot.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Cooper11;163687]aaaaaa...... 20 celsius..... you canadians!! I'm not that smart to translate to Fahrenheit.... But then again maybe you weren't either

i'm not that smart, but a calculator is!
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I take them to the "dog park" in my town, it's a small woods with a few paths that dogs are allowed off leash. We will go for at least an hour everyday which is about a mile and a half. We stop and play with the other dogs so half the time we are there Gio is running threw the woods chasing the much faster dogs! Diva could care less about the other dogs. But now that it's light longer we go twice a day. It's great because no matter what time we go, we will see at least 10 other dogs.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

The more exercise they get the better, just like us humans. But you have to build the duration gradually. Since Coop is a puppy he should be pretty easy to build up to a couple miles if you can keep up with him. I believe Cesar said "a tired puppy is a good puppy"

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    The more exercise they get the better, just like us humans. But you have to build the duration gradually. Since Coop is a puppy he should be pretty easy to build up to a couple miles if you can keep up with him. I believe Cesar said "a tired puppy is a good puppy"

​Soooooo..obviously Jake ain't tired enough!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Obviously! Don't you wish you could borrow some of his excess energy?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The longest we've walked with Stig was that 2.4km ovarian cancer walk. We emptied out at least 8 water bottles to keep him cool. When he goes to daycare he runs around all day and doesn't take naps, so his stamina is pretty up there.

Punkin, on the other hand, has this slight limp and favours his right leg so we tend not to go to far with him. He also breathes heavier than Stig so we're going to be more diligent keeping them cool this summer.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads