Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use a waste disposal system?

Cooper11

Default Re: Does anyone use a waste disposal system?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Im bad for the earth! His poo goes in plastic bags and goes in the trash can which has garbage bag but it still stink! I fell bad for the garbage men! THey are probably like Holy cow what do these people do lol
    Yes it is 2 a.m. and I am still up!!!!!! I can never fall asleep!!!! ugh! anyway I feel you. Today I had to take the garbage bag full of to the garbage cans because my hubby "forgot" to get it and put in the garbage. I took a deep breath...open the lid...held my breath didn't dare breath or smell those toxic fumes and tied the bag...then rushed through the garage with holding the bag with my arm extended still not breathing lol. Seriously this bag of had to weigh at least 20 lbs! The whole time I was rushing through the garage and waiting for the garage door to open I was praying that the bag wouldn't bust and fall out all over! OMG That would have been soooo sooooo bad. I am pretty sure it would have happened to because the bag was really stretching with the big load in it. I put it in the garbage bin shut the lid and the breathed! Walked away thinking God I am so glad I am not the one having to dump that in the truck!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    Since Raven is such a poo monster I was contemplating buying a doggie Dooley in-ground waste disposal system. It's pretty much a septic tank that you dump in enzymes that break down the poo. I really hate that I use so many poop bags in a day, I feel like I am abusing our Eco system. So my question are 1) is it good?, 2) is there any odor? It can be used until the weather hits below 40 degrees.
    We talked about getting one of those but found out that they are not recommended for use in CLAY..... we have lots of CLAY.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    We talked about getting one of those but found out that they are not recommended for use in CLAY..... we have lots of CLAY.

Oh I was waiting for you to say and the bag busted open
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

We should get hazard pay for the pick up, storage and transportation of poo. OMG I tend to hold my breath when I open the can to dump in the next gift package. I slam it shut as quick as I can. I can still smell it about three feet away. OY I am glad that I am not a "Sanitation Engineer". They definitely earn the $17 an hour and then some they get paid.

I think I will get a metal can. I am hoping that it will hold the smell less than this plastic can.

@Cooper11 ..can you post a picture of the can you have. I am curious and ready to go get one.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We should get hazard pay for the pick up, storage and transportation of poo. OMG I tend to hold my breath when I open the can to dump in the next gift package. I slam it shut as quick as I can. I can still smell it about three feet away. OY I am glad that I am not a "Sanitation Engineer". They definitely earn the $17 an hour and then some they get paid.

I think I will get a metal can. I am hoping that it will hold the smell less than this plastic can.

@Cooper11 ..can you post a picture of the can you have. I am curious and ready to go get one.
    We use the small metal can as well... got it at Lowe or Home depot --- and it also HOLDS the smell . We place a small trash bag in the can and then just pull that out and add it to the large bag going to the curb
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@ 2BullyMama..I am headed there this weekend. During the summer I am going to put that can all the way to the back of the property by the shed in the shade, god knows how bad that thing will smell when the summer heat kicks in. I really really think that the plastic garbage bin, even with a bag in there and individual poop bags is a bad idea. Especially being as this girl let's it loose. I am telling you I am still baffled that she eats the same food as our yorkie and her poo is killer.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@ 2BullyMama..I am headed there this weekend. During the summer I am going to put that can all the way to the back of the property by the shed in the shade, god knows how bad that thing will smell when the summer heat kicks in. I really really think that the plastic garbage bin, even with a bag in there and individual poop bags is a bad idea. Especially being as this girl let's it loose. I am telling you I am still baffled that she eats the same food as our yorkie and her poo is killer.
    Plastic is WAY worse than the metal.... we have it along the side next to the garage door. Morning sun - - we had it out back at first, but it gets afternoon sun which is worse.
    e.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yep...I am definitely changing it this weekend. OMG the smell is just something else.

Cooper11

K I will attach a pic. I hope neighbors weren't watching me take a pic of the bucket! lol
    It actually says it is a food bucket that it can hold a 25 lbs bag of dry dog food! But works great for
    -428315_373286516026956_100000368316435_1240261_381701609_n-jpg
    @Bizzymammabee

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

used to pile up the kitty litter in a pile away from the house ( we use the pine kind that is natural) but it don't decompose very fast and now the dog goes over and finds the kitty nuggets so I have been putting the kitty litter and the dog poo into the green wast can that the garbage service provides. I am still not sure if they want poop in it but I figured it is compostable so why not?
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    K I will attach a pic. I hope neighbors weren't watching me take a pic of the bucket! lol
    It actually says it is a food bucket that it can hold a 25 lbs bag of dry dog food! But works great for @Bizzymammabee

That is the exact one we have too
    e.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    That is the exact one we have too
    Only the Cool ones have the same bucket! Cuz we know out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads