snack question...

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
okay after watching the adorable Gunny eat his bedtime bowl of cereal, I have a question. How many of you do feed your dogs snacks, either during the day or at night? I don't usually have a "set" snack time for the boys, I usually just give them a snack when the urge hits me. The snack usually just consists of a baby carrot or half a banana or some apple slices. I can't feed them a "lunch" because I'm not home all day a couple of days a week, so a bedtime snack would be good to get in the habit of. So another question, I guess, would be how much of whatever I decided to give them and what do ya'll feed your bullies for a regular snack time?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i always share my apple or my orange with Lola, or we split a string cheese. She gets peanut butter before bed in her crate which is a really substantial snack, or a hard boiled egg a day is good too. she only gets a few segments of orange, and about 1/3 of the apple after i eat all the skin. about two tablespoons of PB. I used to give her a bit of white rice (1/3 cup) with some cream cheese, some pumpkin, and calcium/vitE/vitC mixed in for a snack at night but I stopped to get her to eat her kibbble.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We're retired and home with the boys all day usually. At breakfast they get 2 bites of bannana each and 2 bites of berries; then their cup of kibble.
At lunch they get a homemade (because of food allergies) dog cookie and a piece of apple. At dinnertime they get their cup of kibble and some raw veggies like broccoli, cuke, lettuce, etc. At bedtime they get a "cookie". We have a routine and they hold us to it!

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
thanks. For breakfast the boys get their bowl of kibble mixed with a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt and then for dinner their kibble with squirts of salmon oil. I don't give them treats every day because I don't think about it and they don't beg for extra's.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
For snacks she gets apple slices or apple sauce, banana and sweet potato fries. If I have watermelon or any other fruit around she eats that too. She loves peaches :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We eat a lot of blueberries, bannana, apple, peanut butter in kong, chesse slices, Ughhh I have a growing boy and he eats like a cow!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas gets a bedtime snack every night at 8 P.M. SHARP!! (just ask him, lol) he gets a wide variety of either fruits or veggies. He has frozen blueberries for this week. I give him 5 in his bowl a night. Since he is on medication right now, I do give him a cheese wrapped pill, he thinks he is getting a treat.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Like [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] said, Gio is also on medication (Spring time allergies) so he gets two pills wrapped in cheese, one in the morning and one right before bed. They also love The Wet Nose dog treats, they really love the pumpkin ones! I probably give them 2 or 3 each in a day. And of course they love apples, Diva will eat anything and everything so she will have what ever fruit of veggie I give her, Gio will only eat Apples and no other type of fruit of veggie (What a health nut he is! :ROFL:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The kiddies get a snack at 8:30... usually some type of grain free treat/cookie. On Saturday nights they get either a Kong with PB (frozen) or a marrow bone (usually once a month on those)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.