Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Do you want to get the new "Stupid is As stupid does" award. Just tell us how you deserve the "Stupidity" award concerning your bulldog.
This is mine....copied and pasted from another thread...

"I decided I wanted to take some summer photos of the pups eating watermelon. We decided to start with Vegas first, so I locked Orion in the kennel. I was sitting on the patio and my mother-n-law sat Vegas down and handed him the piece of watermelon. I snapped a few shots, then quickly realized my mistake. Vegas was eating all of it, rind and all. So I sat my camera down and removed part of the watermelon rind from his mouth. I had a piece of rindless watermelon in my left hand and my right hand was in his mouth. Vegas would not release his grip on the piece in his mouth. He did, however, adjust his grip on that piece and included my finger in this new adjustment. Okay, If I couldn't get him to release his grip on the piece in his mouth before, how was I gonna get him to release his crushing grip on my finger now? I don't know how it happened, maybe it was the taste of blood, but Vegas immediately spit out everything from his mouth. I gave him the "correct" piece of watermelon and proceeded to stumble to the inside sink. I really did stumble. I felt faint. The top of my finger looked like, well, like a backtooth went thru the top of it. Anyways, I'm fine. I haven't died from the loss of blood (it hardly bled) 911 wasn't called (they probably would have laughed at me) and my husband told the girls at my work when he stopped to pick up antibiotics for me that he "hadn't seen it yet, but thought it was probably no more than a scratch". Anyways....don't put your hand in a bulldogs mouth when they are trying to eat. Vegas was not at fault and I really don't think of it as a dog bite....more of a dog chew."

So, tell us what you've done to deserve this fabulous award!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I've got one:

Bentley had a really modest nub of a tail to begin with when he was an older puppy but it slowly appeared to decrease in size over the course of a few months. So I got online and started googling away different causes of the apparent shortening of a tail. Within minutes, I had myself convinced Bentley (though completely healthy and happy) suffered from a debilitating spinal condition that was causing his tail to shrink. I made an appointment at the vet to let them know what I was thinking and they look a look at Bentley and let me know all my worry was for nothing - Bentley was just getting fat so his tail was basically looking smaller and less prominent because his butt was getting fat. Boy I felt stupid. :p

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I've got one:

Bentley had a really modest nub of a tail to begin with when he was an older puppy but it slowly appeared to decrease in size over the course of a few months. So I got online and started googling away different causes of the apparent shortening of a tail. Within minutes, I had myself convinced Bentley (though completely healthy and happy) suffered from a debilitating spinal condition that was causing his tail to shrink. I made an appointment at the vet to let them know what I was thinking and they look a look at Bentley and let me know all my worry was for nothing - Bentley was just getting fat so his tail was basically looking smaller and less prominent because his butt was getting fat. Boy I felt stupid. :p

Well deserved!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thank you, thank you...I can't tell you what the award means to me. I'd like to thank God, my family...:p

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Not sure if this qualifies, but i'll give it a go.
When Lola was younger and less obedient, my fiance and I decided to take her to the park one particularly nice Massachusetts day. The park is huge. Its has a handful of soccer fields, a couple basketball courts, a baseball field, and a couple decently sized playgrounds. One of these playgrounds is right next to a barn sort of structure. I would imagine it's storage for the rec dept or something.
This is Lola's first time at a crowded park. We arrive, I put Lola's collar and leash around her neck, and I get out of the car leash in hand. As soon as she pulls, she's gone. I'm left standing with a leash attached to a collar attached to no dog.
Lola bolts. I'm not too worried about her safety, as we're very far from the road. I am, however, worried about what she'll do with all these little kids (she LOVES kids), dogs, and people all over the place, so I chase her. Once she gets going, she's pretty fast. She heads straight for the playground. She's running at full speed. I can't run in sandals so I go barefoot, and now I'm running after her at full speed. The little kids see her coming and they're smiling and getting excited, etc.....
First thing she does when she gets to the playground is..........steals some little girl's socks (we play this game at home. LOVES to raid my laundry for socks). So for the next minute or what felt like ages, I'm running as fast as I can trying to catch Lola who has a mouth full of socks, and is running circles around this rec barn. All the parents and kids are getting a kick out of this. After circling the barn 5 or 6 times I finally catch her, pull out a mouthful of slobbery socks, and return them to their rightful owner, a little girl no older than 6. It ended up being harmless, and rather funny after the fact, but I think I deserve a stupid award for not making sure my dog's collar is actually on.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That was so funny!!!! Love it. Stupid award has been earned! ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online