Help! I love them both...

Dissident

Feb 21, 2011
Girl (1).jpgGirl (2).jpgGirl (3).jpgGirl (4).jpgGirl (5).jpgGirl (6).jpg

So I found my babies...Unfortunately I can't decide between two. Pictured above is the female. She is not quite 7 weeks old, but has the most gorgeous colors and her personality is soooo cool!

I wanted a male and went thinking that I knew exactly which puppy i was getting! :nope:

OP
D

Dissident

Feb 21, 2011
Boy (1).jpgBoy (2).jpgBoy (3).jpgBoy (4).jpg

Now here is the boy, that I actually went for in the first place. I love him also and his personality was great, although a bit mischievous:nonono:

I just can not decide, and before you say it, NO, I can't have two, or my wife would leave me! lol

Please give me some informed opinions. Which do you think is more conforming? Pros and Cons of the female vs male?

My deposit is in, but I need to try and make a decision on which one. Either way I am ecstatic right now!

Last edited:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Get them Both lol..I have no idea how to help you decide..

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We went looking for a female and came home with our baby boy Brutus! His personality and spunk is what won our hearts! The little girl we wanted our good friend decided he wanted her! She now lives in Portugal! You'll know which one and whatever you decide Im sure it will be the right one for you! She is so precious and the colors are amazing!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Your wife leaving is an issue :confused:

I am partial to boys!

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
They are both precious! I'm partial to males, but I say go with the one whose personality you liked the best. I went to the breeder with a pup in mind, but I also had it in the back of my head that if his personality wasn't what I wanted to stay open minded. Luckily his personality was perfect for us (very laid back and cuddly) :-)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Your wife will love them both...

OP
D

Dissident

Feb 21, 2011
Heheh, Both is def not an option. As far as personality they were both little love bugs. The male was probably a little more outgoing at that moment, however the breeder told me the female is usually the most playful. So personality wise they both seemed very similar. I have always been partial to the look of the boys, however the color on this girl just really struck me as wow!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm partial to girls, and she is a cutie....but I love his markings and darker brindle Heck, I'm no help.

Rock, paper scissors works in a pinch. ;)

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
their heads, bodies and noses rope are similar so conformation wise it looks like a wash. Cesar Millan says when picking out a puppy pick the calm submissive one. The male you say is mischievous so he may be harder to train but his brindle coat is gorgeous. Since they are both similar you should go back and observe them when they play and pick the calm submissive one. just my opinion though

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
BOTH!!! ollie and ivy are siblings, and i never thought 2 would actually be easier than 1. plus, they love each other so much!:inlove:

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
Things change when you meet puppies in person, I was looking for a red & white male.. Then came home with a Brindle & white female that won me over :luv: I'm so glad I picked her she is simple a sweetheart. with that said go with your gut, I personally prefer the female out of those two, but the choice is yours either is a good one

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i'm anti-dog weiner so i prefer girls, but really you should get each of them alone in a room and see how they react to you and your wife separately. one might just come and sit contently right next to your leg and peer up so attentively and thats the one you want :) good luck, they are both sweet pups

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.