Severe Separation Aniexty

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So Brutus is about 9 months and has never been left alone for longer than 2 hrs if that! We own our own business and he comes with me everywhere! Recently he gets very upset when I get dressed to leave b.c he knows he may not come! THe last 3 days I have went to our store to pick up or drop off like I said no more than 2 hrs if that! Well it makes me so sad to leave him but he needs to get used to it! Has anyone else had the same issue! Literally I put him in his crate with 2 peices of fruit and 2 treats so he is entertained while I leave UMMM yea no he wont touch them he sits and cries with his body pushed into the front of the crate like wait what about me...then gives me thhose sad eyes and I crumble like stale bread and take him with me! What do I do??? Hubby says hell get over it but I wont!!!! Just look at this face HOW DO YOU SAW NO! And this whole time my Chanel is sleeping in her cage like okay ur leaving now I get peace and quiet! IMG_0628.jpg

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Ahh those sad eyes, Gunny was like that when he was young but grew out of it sometimes we have to leave him for 7 hrs or so when I go to the VA in Raleigh to see the doctor. When we come back hes on the couch sleeping so it does get better with time.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahh those sad eyes, Gunny was like that when he was young but grew out of it sometimes we have to leave him for 7 hrs or so when I go to the VA in Raleigh to see the doctor. When we come back hes on the couch sleeping so it does get better with time.

I really hope so b/c it makes me so so sad! He has me wrapped right around his big paws!!!!!!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
you have to keep doing it. watson would cry when i first got him when i left for work. i used to give him peanut butter right before I left so he will be occupied. he would cry otherwise. now he gets a small treat, no peanut butter and he doesn't cry anymore because he knows it would be of no use.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It can also get worse if you dont do anything. Leave him first just for few minutes and then come back when he is quiet. Little by little you can increase the time. He must now that you're coming back, but also that crying don't bring you back.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks and yes I am probably making it worse by giving in! Ughhh but look at that face! Ok seriously I am gonna do this! I will do it little by little like [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] said and then increase the time! Ugghhh this is gonna be hard!

[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] yea i did the treats he wouldnt care! LOL

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
this isn't going to be any help, but when mine were puppies they were never left alone for more than 2 hrs, and even now, 2 years later, they are never left alone for more than 4 hours. if we go away, someone moves in. i just can't kennel them or leave them alone for too long, so you're not alone!!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4411]ollieivy[/MENTION] Oh vacation there wont be any unless he can come! I already told hubby! I mean he could stay with my mom and he would be very happy but what about ME! I cant be without him!!! LOL Glad its not just me! :laugh: Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
been lucky --- our guys never had this issue.... they LOVED their crates as puppies so they just would go in and out cold before we got to the door

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
been lucky --- our guys never had this issue.... they LOVED their crates as puppies so they just would go in and out cold before we got to the door

The crazy thing is he will go in his cage on his own and relax or lick his kong! But when he knows Im leaving he wants nothing to do with it! lol

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont crate sarah when i leave but when im getting a shower and dressed she knows im leaving without her. she goes in the bedroom and sits on her pillow and pouts till i leave. then im sure she just sleeps till someone comes home. if she goes to the door to go with us we just tell her sternly no you cant go n she knows and then she goes and pouts. it will get easier but you have to get them used to it now or its going to havoc later.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
i dont crate sarah when i leave but when im getting a shower and dressed she knows im leaving without her. she goes in the bedroom and sits on her pillow and pouts till i leave. then im sure she just sleeps till someone comes home. if she goes to the door to go with us we just tell her sternly no you cant go n she knows and then she goes and pouts. it will get easier but you have to get them used to it now or its going to havoc later.

I am doing a lot better as I slowley got him into it! He is doing better but now If I go outside for 2 mins to bring garbage out and come back he is loving me like I was gone for hours!!! LOL I just love him so much...My dad always said never love a man more than he loves you !!! Brutus has me wrapped! :love:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.