Ear Cleaning

C

Cooper11

So when we first got Cooper and Gracie we were cleaning their ears out..well it seemed like every other dau. Gracie got a yeast infection in one of her ears and got cleaner or meds from vet to put in her ear...Ever since her ears don't get dirty as much. Cooper's ears ears use to be so waxy that I had to clean them daily or well my mom did...she likes to do it :blink:..I know I know she is weird! :) But anyway all the sudden his ears just stopped being extremely waxy. I have not cleaned his ears ot in like a month and just checked them and zi probbly could clean them out but they are not bad whatsoever....How often do you clean your bullies ears and should I still be cleaning them out weekly...I was wondering if he still has very waxy ears but it just isn't coming out as far into the outer ears?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Didnt you switch his food? That may be the difference if you did..

OP
C

Cooper11

Didnt you switch his food? That may be the difference if you did..

Actually I haven't changed his food yet...he is on bland diet right now but his ears have been clean for like 2 months!!! I have no clue why or how they are staying clean now! His wax is so dark to. I use to have to use like 4 Qtip per ear!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
How long has he been on the bland diet? [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

OP
C

Cooper11

How long has he been on the bland diet? @Cooper11

Just a few days...maybe like 4 days or so. I am going back to his kibble though. I have been mixing the 2. He had a tummy infection that is why I had to feed him the bland diet!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas gets his ears flushed about every 10 days. His ears do get very waxy, not yeasty but wax. About an hour after I flush them I take baby wipes and wipe out all the wax.

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]
How do you flush them and what do you use?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I usually have the vet clean them we he goes for his nail trimming which is usually every 2 weeks! Sometimes I will do it at home but he doesnt seem to have waxy ears (knocking on wood)

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I clean Gunnys ears only when I see he needs it. and he hates the ear wash. I use something called Vet solutions, got it from the doctor.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
i clean their ears every 1-2 wks and have since they were babies. haven't had an ear problem yet. i smell their ears too to make sure everything's ok:ohmy:

OP
C

Cooper11

i clean their ears every 1-2 wks and have since they were babies. haven't had an ear problem yet. i smell their ears too to make sure everything's ok:ohmy:

Yeah when I registered Coop with the AKC they sent me a packet of dog care and it said you should clean their ears once a week or once every 2 weeks if they don't need it! So I think you are good. I think the less you do it the more ear infections they will have!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]
How do you flush them and what do you use?
I flush them with a solution from our vet, just squirt solution down in ear, massage real good and it breaks up all the wax, about an hour later I can take a baby wipe and wipe out all the wax.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I clean as necessary... depending on allergy impact -- once a week, twice a week or once a month. I check them a few time s a week to see if it is needed, but for the most part especially in the spring summer it is once a week... flushing is once a month

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.