Introducing other pets to new bulldog puppy

Casger

Mar 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
We are getting our baby Lola this weekend and I currently have a minuture schnauzer who is about 12 years old.
Wondering how to go about introducing them. Any ideas/tips ??

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
The best way I have found is to introduce them on neutral ground. with fosters. I usually have someone put the new dog on the leash and I control the resident one. Meet in the middle and see how it goes..

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I agree, neutral ground. That said, Lola is a puppy and your older dog should recognize that and not feel his/her territory is threatened! Congratulations on getting Lola!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4484]Casger[/MENTION] Yes I totally agree with above post about neutral ground! We had a 5 year old pitbull when we first brought Brutus home and I will admit I was nervous she wasnt going to accept him! We brought her outside and brought Brutus in and I will admit it was :love: at first sight! They are best buds now! Well he wears the pants in their relationship! :lol: Hope all goes well and definalty keep us posted! And when you get Lola please post some pics of her !! We love pics

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
We had a Boxer when we brought gunny home, he was so small and I was worried about him being to ruf on little Gunny Ha the other way around! gunny was after lucy barking and nipping at the boxer ever waking moment, but they became good friends after awhile. baby gunny and lucy.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The best way I have found is to introduce them on neutral ground. with fosters. I usually have someone put the new dog on the leash and I control the resident one. Meet in the middle and see how it goes..

[MENTION=4484]Casger[/MENTION] this is the perfect advice

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We are getting our baby Lola this weekend and I currently have a minuture schnauzer who is about 12 years old.
Wondering how to go about introducing them. Any ideas/tips ??

Hey is Lola home yet?? How did it go?? LOL I was being nosey wondering how everything worked out! Let us know when you can! THanks

OP
C

Casger

Mar 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I dont get Lola until Friday !! Will keep you posted on how it goes !

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I dont get Lola until Friday !! Will keep you posted on how it goes !

One thing that we did..was bring something with the pups scent on it and leave it where your other dog can smell it. Then absolutely on neutral ground. I'm not sure if you are living close enough to pup to do this..but it worked for us! Good Luck..bet you're soooo excited!

OP
C

Casger

Mar 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola is home, things went good. I was a little worried at first. Have to keep Archie from wanting to hump her , dont know what thats all about. But Lola puts Archie in his place.. It funny. But I think it will be fine once they get more used to one another.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I was just going to respond but it looks like the introduction went really good. I introduced two puppies to my old guy Ace (he was 13) over the past year (he's at the Bridge now). The only problem I had his that I had to watch Ace because he was old and sore and would get mean toward Jack (our non bully). He loved Wilson though. Now more pictures of Lola. :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.