Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going for walks!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Estevan, Sask
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Kain was also trouble walking at 10-12 weeks, slammed on the brakes and wanted to go home. It was cold also so that didn't help.

I used clicker training also on the walk so when he walks beside me and a little back (never ahead of me) I would randomly reward him. Leaving the house is still a struggle but we can walk a full 4 or 5 blocks with minimal issue now.

I walk he has to follow, I try not pull but walk with calm assertiveness and expect him to follow, every once and awhile he tugs back and I end up jerking him back in the groove. Worst part sometimes he tries to poop and when I keep him moving I don't realize he's trying to go to the bathroom but I have to stay positive and move forward.

He's pretty awesome now but still wants to stop now and then.

Lastly if he pulls... Change direction and make sure he follows you. Your the leader so he has to obey! Good luck...

I'd say 1 week and we made huge progress!

Pensacola, FL
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Going for walks!

Jaeger still fights me when I take him for walks. I use his treats, but he will move to me, grab the treat and refuse to move again till I offer up another treat, lol. One thing he does is once we turn around to head home, he will run the entire way. Goofy dog is all I have to say.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Never an issue.... they all love to go on walks
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I thought that Scotch hated to walk - around our house he would just sit and stare at me... Finally I took him somewhere unfamiliar - now we are walking on new trails each week and he will walk by my side the whole way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads