Vegas's Vet visit today, the good, the bad and the ugly.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Today was Vegas's date to get an allergy test done, both food and environmental. It was a simple blood test and we should get the results within 2 weeks.

Good News---He weighs 57.9 :happydance: He has weighed 63 for over 2 years thats a 5 lb. loss. I think the food change to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast has helped with a little weight loss. Our Vet said he was in PERFECT shape. (I already knew that, but WOW 5 lbs!!) He has the perfect little waist I am jealous!!!!

Bad news-- His allergies are out of control, our pollen count has been on a scale of 1-10,.. 10's for days and days. His face is so red and his white eye is swelled almost shut daily, I have been giving him Zyrtec, (not this week due to allergy test) So he ended up getting a big shot of prednisone/cortizone for his allergies, his anal gland were full so he had those expressed. Our Vet said all his itchy breed dogs have been in this week and they are a mess. He put him on an antibiotic eye drop for his white eye. He also got his 3 year rabie shot and tag (along with bloodwork to see if he has heart worms). I had to buy ear flush and Heartguard plus. About eating sand, the solution is simple, get my butt out there and watch him the whole time instead of letting him rome on his own. And WHY was it on the top of my wishlist to have a fenced in yard?????

Our vet is convinced as well as we are that it is strictly environmental allergies and said he loves the Earthborn Holistic line of foods, NOT to change him back to NVI yet until allergy results. I have to take him back in 3 weeks since he got the shot and the eye drops and if his eye is not better he wants to do laser surgery (Entropion) but hopefully it is just allergy related.

The Ugly--
With all that was done today, our total vet bill was $563.00 :eek::eek::eek::eek::cry: There goes my new bathroom tile that we thought we were going to buy tomorrow!!! Joe stopped by the liquor store and bought 2 mini's to do shots, he was so overwhelmed at the vet bill. I just kept my mouth shut, sometimes I know to just be quiet.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
poor vegas, at least he got a tune up today...great news on the weight loss. Watson loves the earthborn food too

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I do understand what your going through with the vets bills! Hopefully youll get the answers you need and solve this problem quickly and as inexpensive as possible! Vegas has a great shape! I always show people his pictures! He is gorgeous and that face I really cant take it!! UGHH When I see Vegas my inner child comes out! Hope everything works out for you! and Vegas

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Poor Vegas. I hate it when there isn't much you can do for their situation. Unless you put the poor guy in a bubble there is only so much you can do for environmental allergies.

I hope Joe bought you one too ;)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
April2011Veg009.jpg

My big handsome boy :luv:, Mama loves him to death!! I will do everything in my power to make his life comfortable.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
YAY VEGAS!! 5 pounds! I'm jealous :(

All things considered, you really got a lot done for him for the money. I know that stung. I've been there myself. (700 bucks for an ultrasound!) and I'm sorry about your tile. I'll be praying the drops work so he doesn't need the surgery. :pray:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good to hear his visit went well. Hope the shot helps with his allergies. Give him a big hug from us. Just remember you can always get tile later, you can only have one Vegas. :hug:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I guess my Poll topic today was ill-timed huh? ;)
Don't be too fast to agree to the laser surgery. There are alternatives that should be tried first. Heck, the allergy tests haven't even been done yet. Vet's tend to want to do everything RIGHT AWAY..... bah!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Ughhhhh VEGAS YOU ARE SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUTTTTTEEEE!!!! I wanna squish and kiss your face!!!! :love: :love: :love: Vegas!!! When I look at his expressions he makes I seriously laugh b/c he is adorabull

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], I agree, only one Vegas and he will get what he needs, [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], our vet was not persistant, he is very much hoping they eye drops and the shot will make a huge difference in his eye, he thinks the eye is allergy related only. That's why he wants to see him back in 3 weeks.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Poor guy! He really is such a handsome boy! I know vet bills can be rediculous! Hopefully they will get him feeling better soon! We still need to get the 2 together soon!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:blink: :eek: :hellno:

Oh dear, I take 3 of them in on Wednesday, ouch, rabies vac. yearly shots, heart guard, a flea/tick guard , yikes , I should of been a vet

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.