Meds

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
How many have to fight with their Bullies to take their medicine, Gunny is worse than a kid, I"ll put it in a piece of cheese and he eats the cheese and spits the pill out

C

Cooper11

O cooper is bad too! He has to take 1 pill twice a day and another pill 3 times a day! He use to spit them out too when he was younger when I wold wrap them in cheese. Now he does the whol "i never chew my food thing" so when its wrapped in the cheese goes right down the hatchet! I think they do make pill pouch treat things....maybe try those. or think is a food you would squoosh the pill into that he wold have to chew it or that he would just swallow it!

C

Cooper11

He turns his nose up to those pouches

What about cold meat like ham or something if you wrap it good and make it smaller he might just swallow it....or maybe cover the pill with peanut butter!

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Tried it all, they say chocolate is not good for dogs but Gunny has eaten it for years and so does our min poodle I guess all dogs are different I put his pill in a peace of Reese cup and he happily takes it.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:nono: Not chocolate! I mean if they happen to get into by accident but not to give it to them I wouldnt think would be good! I have had my Chanel eat some chocolate she found or something but would never give any dogs chocolate! Sorry just my opinion :)

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I respect your opinion but he has been eating it for years and it has never bothered him and hes 9 every dog is different.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre is taking meds currently...I put them in a pizza roll LOL yea I know it's bad but she sure loves em

Pill time is happy time for her!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
OMG That face was not supposed to be that one! I am sorry if I made it seem as if you were doing something bad! That smiley was not supposed to be that one and it looked diff than what I meant

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby takes her daily Pepcid's just fine. She's been getting 1ml of Amphojel 3 times a day in one of those little syringe looking things. She's gotten so used to it that now she actually opens her mouth for me. My nightmare are those Azodyl pills she gets twice a day. They are big for her tiny throat and she gags when I try to push them down. She can't have cheese or lunch meats peanut butter or any of that good stuff either. I have tried putting the pill into a banana, she finds it. I have tried making little meatballs out of the canned food she gets, she finds it.

Every day getting those pills into her is an adventure

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny has always had a good stomach,he eats doritos, and other human snacks, he is so easy to to change his food, and I want him to have a wonderful happy life and if he enjoys his snacks so be it , and I would never give him anything to make him sick or a danger to him, I just know what he can eat and what he cant. in all his years the only problem he has are interdital cysts had them every since we moved south from Pennsylvania.

C

Cooper11

yeah Chocolate is not good for dogs...but they have to eat ALOT to get sick. We had a shih tzu years ago and her mom died cause it got into chocolate chips and ate the whole bag. My brussells griffen ate a whole thing of chocolate donuts and was just fine! Called vet and they said may get the poops but the chocolate on the the donuts isn't all chocolate!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Gracie doesnt like meds but shes not that hard...I just put my thumb in her mouth and open it up..Push pill toward the back of tongue and down it goes...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No fight and lots of meds..... little bit of lactose free vanilla ice cream is NEVER refused

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I wrap Samson's pills in American cheese because its so sticky and wraps around pills so well. He's easy though, it's not hard to get him to eat ANYTHING so hard for me to put myself in your shoes LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online