Akc papers question.

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ok so I was just curious the breeder we got Emmitt from said we have to put her breeders name in his papers.. Does anyone know why breeders do this?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I have no idea...Mine never told me that...Someone should come along soon and have an answer for you.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Mine never told me that. I know there is an option on the papers when registering to put the Kennel's name right before the name you choose (e.g. Santiago's Raven). I have that option but choose to let her solely be known as Raven Santiago. I think when you have show breeders that are selling a dog with show potential they might like that you do that, so they get some sort of recognition for their line. Someone will come along with more knowledge than I have.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi, depends on what kind of papers you got. Did you get full rights or limited rights? Was the breeder name a condition of the agreement? If you got an "unregistered" puppy with NO condition included in the sale, then you do NOT need to include breeder name. It does give recognition to the breeder IF you include name. Its up to you. I always ask to have name included but never insist. Hope that helps, Good Day

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thx, yea I got the full rights papers, and I think the breeders name may have been included in the agreement. She put her name on the papers when we picked him up.. We aren't breeding him. I know it's retarded I just didn't like her name added to his you know.. Plus she wasn't that much of a help whenever we had questions and was short answered and kinda rude.. I was just curious thx for explaining it to me!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.