Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] I guess I miss understood your question or your concern as I do not understand what part you disagree with. We do not in-breed and do not agree with it. We do have some bullies from line-breeding, which I do agree with, even though we do not do it all the time. So what is it exactly, that you do not agree with, I'm curious.

OP
D

Dissident

Feb 21, 2011
Good discussion, and I appreciate the input on the difference. I can see where line-breeding in order to strengthen positive traits is utilized, I just think that 1 generation a part is a bit too close imho, however this is just me looking at it from a morality point of view, as I have no experience with actually breeding.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I Guess it's both that I'm not comfortable with. When does in-breeding become line-breeding? In the end all pedigree dogs are related, but if I see pedigrees with four generations all highlighted with the same dogs I have to wonder. Can all that efect the dog so that there really is more diseases, allegies etc.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] We do not line breed every time, only when we want to achieve or keep a certain trait. In my opinion if you have a dog that has a disease, or bad allegies, or a bad gene that you know about, that dog should not be breed, period. Why would you want to breed that. We are trying to breed that out, and better the breed. This is why you need to pay close attention to the two you are mating to achieve the look, temperament, and health of your litter.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.