How much did you pay for allergy test?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
For those of you that had allergy test done on your bully, What was the cost? And how do they do it? Vegas goes tomorrow for his test. It cost $250 PLUS a $50 office visit, he has to get his anal glands done and took his last heart worm pill March 1st. (I buy the six pack) And getting his 3 year check up. And I am out of ear/face wash. I am thinking I am going to have to go take out a loan!!

Just wondering and asking a very nosy question. And how long until you got results from the allergy test?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Kelly sarahs cost like 250 dollars. They took blood from sarahs neck. Very simple n no pain. It took bout a week to get it back. Good luck hon.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], OK I thought $250 was high, so I guess this is normal. I am not complaining about the money, but D*mn I thought that was expensive! Regaurdless he needs it done. On top of getting all this done tomorrow I have bathed him, got his nails done, flushed his ears. It is worse than taking my skin-kids to the dr. when they were young. Our vet knows us, but I don't want him to think he is dirty :ROFL: Besides him stinking from the food change he is good to go.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Actually [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] that is high compared to what others paid. Lol. Most was like 150 to 200. So yes I feel kinda screwed lol. Im so glad Vegas got the "treatment:ROFL:" I'm sure he loved it

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I got priced for Brutus in 3 mnths they said 250-300 so it sounds about right! I am hoping that we dont have to go that route but right now its looking like it! We have 2 more flavors to try so we shall see!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunnys testing was 250.00 and a serum just for him was made cost 125.00 a month, its called liquid gold and didnt work I think I had to give hima shot once a day cant remember it was awhile ago.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
The home visit i did the lady said she spent $800.... think she got screwed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack's allergy test was just for food, cost $85 and we had the results in 10 days. They took blood from his leg. My husband took Ruggles in for a food allergy test last Monday and we had the results on Friday. It cost $110. A different vet (from the same office) did Ruggles' test and put it on the fast-track so that's why it cost more. I was out of town last week or I would have asked for the $85 version! The environmental allergy test costs the same but if you have them both done at the sam time you save $10.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I had asked Abby's vet about allergy tests when we couldn't figure out why she was throwing up. They told me it would be 325.00 for food and environmental tests. If the doctor drew the blood it would have been an additional 19.00 for the office visit (that's what they call a brief visit). If I let the vet tech draw it there wouldn't have been any office visit charge.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i was quoted about $400 from my vet in toronto, they send the blood sample elsewhere and the results come by mail. we haven't done it yet, but we're on a food that lola likes so i might wait until next winter

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I'm going to do an allergy test for Chunk soon ... I haven't gotten an estimate yet but I was figuring at least $250-300. Ugh I hope not more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Like April said, our here average $400. But I think that includes food and environmental.

[kmarino] - Did the vet tell you that Vegas should be free of antihistamines for at least 72h? That was the main reason why Stig didn't get an allergy test once, before we switched him to raw.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.