Insurance question

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
well, really its a question about insurance claims.

I've been paying for Abby's insurance for about a month now. I became a paid member after the 30 day free Trupanion trial was up but haven't submitted a claim yet.

For the first month and a half we had her we thought she was fine. It wasn't until recently that we found out about the kidneys. I'm looking at all of these bills and am going to submit them to Trupanion.

My question is this...

Do you think I'd be better off submitting just the bills from the "when we thought she was healthy" visits first? Or should I submit them all at once? They are going to find out that she is sick eventually but is it pre-existing when we didn't know it existed when they got my first check?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
If there is no paperwork showing she was sick before you signed with Trupanion then you shouldnt have a problem. Basically you have proof that she wasnt sick upon the first visit after you signed with them is when you found out so therefore you should be fine! I would send all documentation just to be on the safe side and to show them everything! I have never dealt with them before and I know isnurance companies are hard to deal with sometimes!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I don't think it'll make a difference if you submit them at different times, but what they will do, based on my experience, is ask for all her vet records, including ones from when the previous owners have had her. Do you know who's been seeing her before you got her? Maybe it's a good idea to get those first and see if there's any mention of her condition.

But that being said, I would think it won't be a bad idea submitting the ones when she was healthy first and see how that goes. Anything to increase the chances of them being accepted! :yes:

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I deal with PetSecure, and once you sign up for the Insurance, they get the records from you vet, write up your coverage statement that Details what conditions they are specifying as a Pre-Existing Condition and from What Date (there is usually a certain period of time you dog cannot be 'sick/injured' after you get the insurance.
They don't want people to know there dog has some serious issue, so sign up for insurance and then take the dog in the next day and start incurring bills.

Anyway, you should of gotten a statement that details what is not covered under your particular policy.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..I think they should cover her later visits..because she was healthy when you signed up. They will absolutely get all records from vet. By the way ..they JUST doubled my rates..and we've never had a claim!! :bang:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.