OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny has had allergy test and had the allergy medicine made especially for his allergys and it didnt help at all and very expensive but just didnt work.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ollie had an interdigital cyst. the vet gave me expensive cream. it didn't work. i used 'nature's aid' from any health food store. it went away in 2 days, and it doesn't hurt.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Have you tried prep H...Ive heard it works also.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Yes I tried prep H for a week and it didn"t work I tried drawing salve and panalog just about everything there is to try antibotics work for a month, allegry shots didn"t help steriod shots work for a month, Gunny goes to the doctor this Thursday as a last resort I think he wants to try atopica it"s about 250.00 a month but what do you do if it works I don"t care if it"s 500.00

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was wondering have you ever had gunny on a bland diet? i say this because like you i had tried everything on sarahs cysts. she had been on like 15 foods anti biotics soaks shampoos all that to no avail. then she had a severe reaction to her kibble and i put her on a bland diet well i thought she was allergic to rice so it was boiled chicken for 4 days and every single cyst that she had went away. i was like what? doesnt have to be chicken can be lowfat hamburger and rice. just a thought before you spend 300 dollars for another test. with all of her allergies to food she cannot have but 1/2 cup of kibble with canned and some freeze dried food. also have you ever given your bully benadryl or zyrtec. just a thought. sorry if you have already done these things and i will well for gunny. :D

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
please try nature's aid before you spend money. i'm serious...it worked in 2 days, and the cyst has not returned. plus, it sinks in right away and you just have to watch him for 5 minutes to make sure he doesn't lick.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
For 8 years I cooked for gunny it would be boiled chicken and rice or beef cubes and green beans always fresh and different every nite but he still got them Im switching him to fromms next week see if that helps will also try the cream. Thank you all for your help I appericate it.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Awww Gunny hope you feel better soon! Keep us updated on how he does with the food switch

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
For 8 years I cooked for gunny it would be boiled chicken and rice or beef cubes and green beans always fresh and different every nite but he still got them Im switching him to fromms next week see if that helps will also try the cream. Thank you all for your help I appericate it.

When you had the allergy test done --- do they do it for food allergies or just environmental? My boy, Nitschke suffered with them for a while too -- once we did the allergy test (full blood screen) -- it cam back that he was allergic to RICE. Within two weeks of getting rice out of his diet, they were gone and he never got another one. Also, those darn allergy shots are worthless, we did them with Nitchke for a year and our vet told us, your better of just using benedryl.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
yes they did a full screen and I am trying Fromms this week his allergy shots were made for everything he was allergic to I was called liquid gold from Calif. waste of money.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
just one more thing. ive tried many things on sarahs cysts over the years and the thing that works the best is lotrimin powder. in fact powder works the best for her yeast underneath and all her yeast really. well just fyi

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.