cysts between the toes

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Well Gunnys interdigital cysts (deep pyoderma) are back after a month of treatment with clindimycin they are so painful to him it just breaks my heart. Last month when we were at the vets he said the last thing we can try is atopica he said they had good results with it but it will cost 300.00 a month for awhile and cut it back after awhile I gotta do it cuz I can"t let him suffer and he"s worth it. He goes to the doctor Thursday.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Awwwww Gunny!!! So sorry you and Gunnyboy have to through this!! I pray he gets better soon! :pray:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Have you tried the epsom salt treatment? Soak his feet in epsom salt and water solution for 10 mins a day I think. It worked really well when Stig developed cysts from the salt during the winter months.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
poor guy :(

I didn't know what that was so I googled it. I found a blog by some country vet who explained it pretty well. I'm sorry he is hurting.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny has been dealing with these for 3 years, yes I have tried the soaks, every antibotic known to man and dog some will work while he is taking them but come right back when he stops taking them. we have tried panalog, sprays, salves, and everything else my last option is atopica which will cost 300.00 we have no choice I just cant stand to see him suffer with these damm things, I hope that other bullies dont have to go thru this. Gunny looks up at me with those beautiful eyes and it seems like he is saying Help me, and I cant. pray that this atopica works!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION], my Lucy Lu used to get those until we changed her food. Now that she is on FROMM she no longer gets them.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I ordered Fromm yesterday, hes on Blue Buffalo Wilderness hope the change will improve his feet, thanks for the tip

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION]...can they give him anything for pain?

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
yes I give him Tramadol it helps some but I know it dosen"t completely take all the pain away.

Sargesmom

Mar 7, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Boy, Sarge and Splat (Lou Lou)
Hello Im Gunnyboys mom.....We have tried it all....hopefully when we go to the doc this coming week we can get something that will work....he is a good boy

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Change his food. Get an allergy test. Sarah had them and they got bad with some foods n better on others. Sarah was on anti biotics also which did nothing. Until you find out whats causing the allergy they will not go away. I would change the food without waiting on the test results with such a severe case. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
changed his food many times got some FROMMS comming this week hope it helps, its a bacterial infection and is ressistant antibiotics, Clindaymicn took them away for awhile but they just come back

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Yes I know they scraped sarahs to. Unless you find out what he is allergic to they will not go away. Sarah had them for 2 years. I just had her allergy tested n found out why some foods made them worse n some better depending on how many things were in it she's allergic to. She no longer has them now I have her on a food with no allergens. Get the allergy test its worth it. You won't believe how fast they go away with the right food. Sarah had cysts on top of cysts. She had them on all four paws. Just sayin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.