Feeding???

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
I'm curious if I'm feeding Tess enough. She always acts like she hungry but doesn't all dogs do. I usually feed a 1 1/2 cup in the morning and 2 cup in the evening. She's 5 months. Plus she a petite bulldog. Should I feed her more?? I just don't want to make her sick or diarrhea.

18ffb96d-c6b3-1c9a.jpg

18ffb96d-c6d6-5ff5.jpg

18ffb96d-c6fa-3952.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
That sounds about right to me. What does the bag of food say? Raven is 4 1/2 months. I give her 1/2 a cup in the morning with either a dollop of yogurt/cottage cheese or some fruits, then dinner time is another 1 1/2 cups. I am trying to find the right amount since she has to be crated until the kiddies come home. Honestly, I think these little stinkers would eat all day long if you let them. In between I also give her pieces of Apple, blueberries, and veggies.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
That sounds about right to me. What does the bag of food say? Raven is 4 1/2 months. I give her 1/2 a cup in the morning with either a dollop of yogurt/cottage cheese or some fruits, then dinner time is another 1 1/2 cups. I am trying to find the right amount since she has to be crated until the kiddies come home. Honestly, I think these little stinkers would eat all day long if you let them. In between I also give her pieces of Apple, blueberries, and veggies.

I usually give Tess less to in the morning because she crated during the day until lunch time and then I let her out to potty and then to work and school is out. The bag says 2 1/2 cups a day so that seems about right. Maybe I'm just worry about it to much. The mom in me :)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION]...I know what happened, she gave you the woe is me eyes. That tends to cut you deep..lmao. You can tell if she is gaining weight nicely. I know mine is.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION]...I know what happened, she gave you the woe is me eyes. That tends to cut you deep..lmao. You can tell if she is gaining weight nicely. I know mine is.

Yep that's it...that face gets me every time :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have fed Brutus always 3x a day until 6 months if you cant I would say up the feeding maybe an extra 1/2 cup each feeding if she isnt overweight! When they are puppies they are growing so I gave him extra food b/c he was very active too!

C

Cooper11

She looks skinny.....:/ maybe she is petite cause you are starving her! :eek:

Just messing with you.....she doesn't look at chubby as Coop that is for sure! How much does she weigh? Coop gets 4 cups total a day! It should say on the bag and if you are giving her what the bag says I say you are good. Coop always acts like he is hungry. I know Gracie is having a hard time or should i say my mom is because she just switched to from and is going from 4 cups day to 2 cups....she acts like she is starving! :( Tessa is a Cutie Patootie

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
She looks skinny.....:/ maybe she is petite cause you are starving her! :eek:

Just messing with you.....she doesn't look at chubby as Coop that is for sure! How much does she weigh? Coop gets 4 cups total a day! It should say on the bag and if you are giving her what the bag says I say you are good. Coop always acts like he is hungry. I know Gracie is having a hard time or should i say my mom is because she just switched to from and is going from 4 cups day to 2 cups....she acts like she is starving! :( Tessa is a Cutie Patootie

I agree I do think I could feed her more. I can only feed he twice a day to fit our schedule so maybe I will give her 1/2 cup more in the morning and in the evening.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qaxghv
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.