Here we go again, another food change???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
How I found this site almost 3 years ago was because Vegas stunk so bad I was googling "Why does my EB stink?" I ran across EBN and posted, the rest is history. I did a slow food switch to NVI Instinct Salmon and he did wonderful for two years. The last month and a half, I did another slow food change to see if it would help with his allergies to Earthborn Holistic, Meadow Feast Grain Free. His fur is much softer and he is not shedding as much and his eyes are not near as runny but........

This week my husband and myself have noticed he stinks again! :cursing: I really don't see a huge difference with his allergies from the food switch soooooooo, I am thinking about switching back to NVI Instinct. I have been washing his face every other day (he gets an irratated nose rope, if I do daily) and tonight I walked in my house and smelled DOG!!!!!

I am at a loss, Joe told me not to do the food change, that all his allergies are enviromental, but I felt I had nothing to loose. He does go to the vet Friday for his check up, anal glands and an allergy test. I would like to talk to the vet about his food but I would rather do it here with the EXPERTS!!!!! :ROFL: All Joking aside, I ALWAYS ask here before I talk to my vet.

So do you think I should do another food change or switch back slowly to NVI,

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], ?? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], and I know many more that can advise. Thank You.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH!! I would hold off on any switch till you get the allergy test results back... this way if there is a food issue, you know what to go with and won't have to switch again.

GOOD luck

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I agree I would hold off till Allergy test.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ok look [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Kelly softer fur less shedding and less runny eyes are all telling you that his allergies are better with the new food. I have long thought that all of Vegas problems were not environmental and he was still reacting to his food. I'm not saying he doesn't have other allergies but I think this suggests that there is something I'm the nvi not agreeing with him. Now what to do for the next week or so till the test results come back. It's hard to say without being there as to why he stinks. Give Vegas a bath n give it a few more days on new food. If the stinking gets worse I would add old food back in 1/4 n see if stinking stops if not go 1/2 old 1/2 new till you get test results. I would not completely go back to nvi. Just my opinion. Good luck hon

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.