Older

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
How many of you out there have older Bulldogs I"m just curious. It would be nice to talk with ppl who have older babies and share stories and how their doing in their senior years.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Well not me personally, but you know how bulldog people just seem to find each other? Well I was walking Poppy and this lady ran out of her house to talk to me. Turns out she has 3 bullies, momma was 19, her son was 15ish, and the 3rd (unrelated) bully was 7 or so. The momma has since passed but I was just so amazed. They all seemed very mobile, even the 19 year old. She was going bizerk barking at me through the window (well they all were). I have also met a lot of 10-13 year old bulldogs, they seem to have a smaller body size in common. Maybe 30-40lbs.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny is 9 yrs old and weighs 92 lbs the vet says he is just big boned, the only problem he has is deep pyoderma( Iterdegital cysts) other than that he is very healthy.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
92lbs!! I am jealous! I'm over feeding like crazy trying to get my guys to tip 50lbs.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
19?! Wow...I seriously have never met a bulldog older than 10. I love older bulldogs though. Bre is 7 and prior to her I had a senior guy (estimated age was 9ish) who was in terrible shape when he made his way to our family. After a couple years we had him put to sleep because life just got to hard and painful for him but he was such a sweetheart. He got me hooked on bulldogs

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Hearing about these older Bullies makes me feel a little better knowing it"s possible to have them longer than 9 or 10 I wish I could keep him forever.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
My foster is nearly 10 (in june)....... he is great ...there are some issues because he lived outside.... over the last couple od day's i have found out cheese is his crack ! he escapes... but as he moves slower it is easier to catch him lol.... he is teaching my pups and they are teaching him.... he doesnt walk too far and it is funny when he stops and drops and goes to sleep.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I think older bullies are even better than pups. Don't get me wrong, everybody loves a puppy but...older bulldogs are such sweet souls. Bre sleeps a lot but she is super attatched to the family. She follows me from room to room and lies down wherever I end up. Tank is 2 and he is crazy...he is all over the place all the time!

MaxwellsMomma

Feb 1, 2012
north east Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxwell
We rescued Maxwell last month at 6years old. He is a total momma's boy, always at my feet and pushes
People out of my seat on his reclining loveseat.We figured out if we leave the leg rest out it is easier for him
To climb up. He has lost 10lbs in the month we have had him and got clean bill of health from vet. He also climbs stairs now like a pro since he dropped to 50lbs. I love puppies to, but my lil man just stole my heart on first sight!

C

Cooper11

How many of you out there have older Bulldogs I"m just curious. It would be nice to talk with ppl who have older babies and share stories and how their doing in their senior years.

Well I guess I am excluded....I am not a senior :(......O wait you were talking about Gunnyboy and not yourself! :oops: Sorry! :ROFL:

C

Cooper11

Lol good one!!

:) i knew you would like that! There are a few bullies from the breeder I got Coop from that are around 12-14 years old! So Gunny could still have a few more years around his belt....He has a great daddy so he has a reason to live a long healthy life!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Well not me personally, but you know how bulldog people just seem to find each other? Well I was walking Poppy and this lady ran out of her house to talk to me. Turns out she has 3 bullies, momma was 19, her son was 15ish, and the 3rd (unrelated) bully was 7 or so. The momma has since passed but I was just so amazed. They all seemed very mobile, even the 19 year old. She was going bizerk barking at me through the window (well they all were). I have also met a lot of 10-13 year old bulldogs, they seem to have a smaller body size in common. Maybe 30-40lbs.

19 and 15!? I thought you mistyped at first. I know a lot of it is genetics, but I wonder what she's feeding them.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
I will ask her next time I see her. She lives a few blocks from me and sprints out of her house to see the bullies :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.