financial planning

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Hey [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

You know if you hit the enter key you can start a whole new paragraph! Yep. You really can. Ain't technology wunderful :laugh:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thank you all for the support and yes i know 6k seems like alot. I was thinking about all the cost including his bet, crate, electric fence, obedience classes, food really the how kit and kabuddle. :-) did i mention that im also i first time dog owner? I guess i just need to stop being so nervous. And who do you purchase pet insurance through?

There are a couple of good threads here about pet insurance. Abby has Trupanion.

I wouldn't worry about the cost. You can't put a price tag on love :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey @Cooper11

You know if you hit the enter key you can start a whole new paragraph! Yep. You really can. Ain't technology wunderful :laugh:

:LMAO: that is good stuff right there!! :laugh:

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It is great that you are thinking ahead and planning. That shows that you will be a great bully momma! We just bought our new baby a month ago. We had been talking about getting a bully for sometime, but didnt think now. However we found a local wonderful litter and leaped in with both feet. I think 6,000 should be plenty to cover most normal cost. We found a great Vet that offers a puppy first year plan that covers all their shots, visits, spaying and neutering, fecal checks,spaying/neutering, etc plus 2 sick visits for $900. All items would regularly be 1200 for the first year. That should give you an idea if you get a puppy with no other health issues. We probably spent another 500 for crate, beds, toys, food and other must haves. Puppy training just started and it runs 109 for 6 weeks. I hope info helps you on your savings quest. Good luck!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm just throwing out a number but if you had pet insurance I would think that $2000 would be good to keep back for bad emergencies. We've run into some scrapes here but no vet visit (even planned ones for spaying/neutering) has exceeded $500. Plus...the insurance would pay part of the cost as well.

Now...if you were planning on breeding....I would hold onto more than $2000. I've never bred dogs but I've heard that the c-sections and bulldog issues associated with birthing puppies can get quite expensive.

Can't wait for you to get your first bully! They are so worth it :)

C

Cooper11

Hey @Cooper11

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Well.....:picknose:.....I am limited on fingers here....don''t have one to spare :picknose: for the enter key!

Last edited:

atxbullygirl

Feb 24, 2012
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
Baxter is 6.5 months and we've had him for about 4 months. We paid $2,000 for him and with no significant health issues but puppy visits, shots, etc, two crates, crate bedding, food, a butt load of toys because he's spoiled rotten; training etc etc I'd say we've probably spent at least $4,000 in the past 4 months.

They are expensive but I never gripe about a penny of it. We love him more than anything.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
And who do you purchase pet insurance through?

I like Trupanion.. they seemed to give the best coverage for the money. Google 'Pet Insurance' and you'll bunches.

There are also some great threads on this site that people talk about their experiences with different insurance companies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online