Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: financial planning

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: financial planning

Thank you all for the support and yes i know 6k seems like alot. I was thinking about all the cost including his bet, crate, electric fence, obedience classes, food really the how kit and kabuddle. :-) did i mention that im also i first time dog owner? I guess i just need to stop being so nervous. And who do you purchase pet insurance through?

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by sgasz View Post
    Thank you all for the support and yes i know 6k seems like alot. I was thinking about all the cost including his bet, crate, electric fence, obedience classes, food really the how kit and kabuddle. :-) did i mention that im also i first time dog owner? I guess i just need to stop being so nervous. And who do you purchase pet insurance through?

Not sure about insurance thing..I'm sure some one will chime in....Wow you first dog huh? Be ready to fall in love! If I knew they were this fun and I would fall this much in love with him..I would have bought a bully years ago....I sit here and regret that I didn't but at least I have my Cooper now! Good luck!!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Things always work out we always find the money to take care of our bullies.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hey @Cooper11

You know if you hit the enter key you can start a whole new paragraph! Yep. You really can. Ain't technology wunderful

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of good threads here about pet insurance. Abby has Trupanion.

I wouldn't worry about the cost. You can't put a price tag on love

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Hey @Cooper11

You know if you hit the enter key you can start a whole new paragraph! Yep. You really can. Ain't technology wunderful

that is good stuff right there!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

It is great that you are thinking ahead and planning. That shows that you will be a great bully momma! We just bought our new baby a month ago. We had been talking about getting a bully for sometime, but didnt think now. However we found a local wonderful litter and leaped in with both feet. I think 6,000 should be plenty to cover most normal cost. We found a great Vet that offers a puppy first year plan that covers all their shots, visits, spaying and neutering, fecal checks,spaying/neutering, etc plus 2 sick visits for $900. All items would regularly be 1200 for the first year. That should give you an idea if you get a puppy with no other health issues. We probably spent another 500 for crate, beds, toys, food and other must haves. Puppy training just started and it runs 109 for 6 weeks. I hope info helps you on your savings quest. Good luck!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

I'm just throwing out a number but if you had pet insurance I would think that $2000 would be good to keep back for bad emergencies. We've run into some scrapes here but no vet visit (even planned ones for spaying/neutering) has exceeded $500. Plus...the insurance would pay part of the cost as well.

Now...if you were planning on breeding....I would hold onto more than $2000. I've never bred dogs but I've heard that the c-sections and bulldog issues associated with birthing puppies can get quite expensive.

Can't wait for you to get your first bully! They are so worth it

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Hey @Cooper11

@2BullyMama

Well.....:picknose:.....I am limited on fingers here....don''t have one to spare :picknose: for the enter key!
    Last edited by Cooper11; 03-08-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Baxter
    Likes (Received)

Baxter is 6.5 months and we've had him for about 4 months. We paid $2,000 for him and with no significant health issues but puppy visits, shots, etc, two crates, crate bedding, food, a butt load of toys because he's spoiled rotten; training etc etc I'd say we've probably spent at least $4,000 in the past 4 months.

They are expensive but I never gripe about a penny of it. We love him more than anything.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

And who do you purchase pet insurance through?
    I like Trupanion.. they seemed to give the best coverage for the money. Google 'Pet Insurance' and you'll bunches.

There are also some great threads on this site that people talk about their experiences with different insurance companies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads