NEED HELP AKC papers

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Buying an EB from pet shops isnt the greatest idea.. But you do save their life !! EB's in pet shop are puppies from a puppy mill.. Where all they do is breed, breed, breed just to sell to the shops for money regardless of their health problems.. Moreless they will cost more for you later on by the vet .. Some people get lucky but it isnt many..

IMO it is never a great idea to buy any puppy from a pet store. Yes, you may have helped that one puppy. But what you have also done is support a puppy mill, line their pockets with money, increase demand for more puppies, clear up a place for another puppy from the mill, put another b*tch through another whelping, etc. If the demand dries up. so does the supply. To me, more harm is done than good when you buy a puppy from a pet store. But that's just me.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Here are my thoughts... not that anybody cares :)

If you don't know what a puppy mill is, as suggested, type it into google. Its heart breaking.

I had a VERY hard time paying money for a purebred dog. I've worked with lots of rescue groups and just thinking about the amount of unwanted dogs in shelters breaks my heart. It took quite a bit of time for my wife to talk me into buying from a breeder. Even then it was difficult to find a good breeder... I didn't want to buy from somebody who had a litter of puppies just to pay for Christmas.

All of my dogs have had/have papers.. 'Tobie twinkle toes' had papers saying she was the best Frisbee dog on the block. 'Franklen J. Guggenheim the 3rd' had papers saying he was the best snuggler in the world. 'Ellie May Bumpus Clampett' has papers saying she is the most loyal dog around.

'Molly polly cutie patootie' (middle name is still a work in progress) has some official papers (with some official name on it) sitting in the bottom of a drawer.. but the only papers we care about say 'will do anything for a laugh'.

Most Reactions