NEED HELP AKC papers

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Hello guys, we have bought an EB from a private breeder. Upon arrival and recieveing shot records, microchip info, canine records ect. Asked about the AKC reg papers, her exact words were "About AKC papers. I don't register individual puppies. I register the litter. When this is done we get individual reg. papers for each puppy through the AKC.

I haven't registered the litter yet but will be next week as I just found out today that the AKC is giving our health insurance again!!!

I am attaching the parents AKC REG. papers . You can look at these and identify the dogs AKC Reg. #. Both mother and father are AKC reg. thus making the puppies AKC registerable!" from her email she sent me. It has been 4 months now and have not recieved and papers or emails or any phone calls. She did sign the health guarntee paper. ANd how do I track those akc numbers if I dont have them? I have emailed her, texted her and called no replies changed her number so Im still waiting on email from her. What should I do?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hello guys, we have bought an EB from a private breeder. Upon arrival and recieveing shot records, microchip info, canine records ect. Asked about the AKC reg papers, her exact words were "About AKC papers. I don't register individual puppies. I register the litter. When this is done we get individual reg. papers for each puppy through the AKC.

I haven't registered the litter yet but will be next week as I just found out today that the AKC is giving our health insurance again!!!

I am attaching the parents AKC REG. papers . You can look at these and identify the dogs AKC Reg. #. Both mother and father are AKC reg. thus making the puppies AKC registerable!" from her email she sent me. It has been 4 months now and have not recieved and papers or emails or any phone calls. She did sign the health guarntee paper. ANd how do I track those akc numbers if I dont have them? I have emailed her, texted her and called no replies changed her number so Im still waiting on email from her. What should I do?

Yes the breeder can register the litter, but both parents must be registered as well and have the number to follow the pedigree line, this is how you can resister your pup at the AKC site. But you must have the parents # If the litter is registered, each pup has it's own # already and you put that pup in your name. per AKC site or paper work.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
smells fishy. unless the breeder registers the litter and gives you a puppy application with the puppy's akc for you to fill out an register, I don't think you can register your dog with AKC.

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] she said both parents are registered and that she will register the litter but it has been 5 months and I have not heard from her.

[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] she did not give me an application on the puppy. I have tried numeruos times of calling her and email no response. What do you guys think I should do next? Also she had said that she will only give me papers on a nutered basis??? with proof of neutering, how can I do that when I cant even get ahold of her....really frustrated

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm not real familiar with the AKC papering process but could you maybe contact the AKC? They might be able to help you out or tell you if she registered the litter yet.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
sounds like she is avoiding you, she is probably giving you a limited registration if anything. Were you planning on breeding or showing your dog? Papers would be important if that was the case.

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] no I wasnt planing on breeding or showing the dog, is it a must have? and is it important to have??

[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] I was thinking about that too. Thank you

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
you cannot do conformation shows unless your dog was intact and have full registration with AKC. But you can do other things like agility I believe with a limited registration but bulldogs aren't really good at those events...haha!

You will need AKC papers if you breed your dog for the puppies to be registered.

If you do neither of the two above then papers are nothing more than a piece of paper.

Watson is registered and neutered. I don't really do anything with his papers other than pull it out for cases like the "are we related" thread to post his parents name

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I would turn her into akc especially if you have anything in writing saying she will send you his papers do you have the parents info to give to akc you might want to tell the breeder that you are going to contact the akc and kinda, prompt her into giving you what she promised

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would say that although it is incredibly annoying that this breeder obviously hasn't done what she promised ... for whatever reason!! ... that if you truly do not intend to breed or show your Wrigley then it really is just a piece of paper.

We have AKC papers for Maggie ... we knew no better and got her from a pet store. Knowing everything that goes on NOW we realise she undoubtedly came from a puppy mill. She has had so many health problems that her vet bills have FAR exceeded what the pet store charged for her. And yet she has AKC papers ............ so what does that tell you about how much they are truly worth????

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] I want to thank you for all your help, I have a better understanding, just hope she registers the litter and she gives me that paper.

@goobersmom I will def give that a shot in a period of time.

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] Thank you...SO its bad to get a EB from a petstore? Is it because of what they eat, knowing its not good or just everything? lol.?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=4338]Antonio Tablante[/MENTION] ... the dogs in pet stores come from puppy mills. They are bred in cages ... brought up in cages ... it's awful!! Go on to youtube and type in puppy mill in the search ..... I was devastated when I first realised what happened.

Firefighter Lilt

Feb 24, 2012
Baltimore,MD
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandon
Buying an EB from pet shops isnt the greatest idea.. But you do save their life !! EB's in pet shop are puppies from a puppy mill.. Where all they do is breed, breed, breed just to sell to the shops for money regardless of their health problems.. Moreless they will cost more for you later on by the vet .. Some people get lucky but it isnt many..

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We bought Brutus from a breeder who gave us paperwork to sign, neuter contract, pics 1x a month and came with akc paperwork we filled out while there and mailed out to akc. We arent breeding or showing just wanted the paperwork framed so I understand your frustration with that :cursing: Try calling Akc to see if you can find the breeder and report what happend, they may be able to help! Keep me posted on what happens and let me know if you need anything

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] thank you I will be calling the akc

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.