Do you think it's weird...???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas will be 3 the end of the month. He needs his anal glands done (bad) so I made an appt. this Friday for our vet. I went ahead and scheduled his 3 year check up since were going to be there. I am HATING the fact that he will be 3!! I know EB's do not have a long life-span and it makes me so sad that he is another year older. I started stressing last month that this month he would be 3. Just wanted to know if anyone else thinks this?

Oh and even at the ripe old age of 3, he still sucks his Stinky Monkeys nose nightly. :ROFL:

cottagecheese012.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I try not to think about it, My BeBe is 5 years old, so she is about half way through her life already.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I think a lot about Chanel who just turned 5 different than bulldogs but my Brutus is only 9 months and it feels the past 7 just went by so quick and before I know it hes gonna be 1...We have to think positive and enjoy all the time we get with them! Ughhhhhh I REALLY CANT STAND HOW CUTE VEGAS IS!!!! My inner child always comes out! I wanna squish his faceeeeee! My hubby always laughs when he see VEgas ( loves his color and his face half/half) HE is so handsome!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I know how you feel ... when Maggie turned three it made me anxious .. and now in December she turned four and if I think about it too much it makes me feel sick in the stomach. Mainly because with all her neurological problems we are unsure of how long we will have her.

Basically, I just try and not think about it now!!!

Just think of Tinkerbell, my foster who was adopted at the end of last year .... Tinks made it to 12 years old before she sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago. So there are bullys out there who live longer than the expected 10 year average. Maybe, with all this newfound knowledge about the good food we need to feed them and the advances in medicine we will be able to see our babies live longer than they did in the past!!! :up:

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I LOVE him!!

Yes, I had (still do) always stressed the day I would lose one of my babies -- when Nitschke past, I was worthless for a whole week. I did not sleep or eat for days. Everything we did to make sure he was healthy and happy, I had always figured we'd at least make it to age 10 with him. Banks has always been in great shape.. minors issues (yeast, UTI, colitis) but since Pookie happen so suddenly - I tend to enjoy her more each day.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i thought i was the only one. every time i read on here of one going sooner than expected it makes me kiss sarah and enjoy her even more. she is 5 so i do think of this somewhat often. it just makes me love her and kiss her and spend as much time with her as i can. i try not to think about it to much just enjoy her. yes i agree vegas is just wonderful. :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I just try to push those thoughts away when they intrude.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I feel the same way, Gio turns 2 April 2nd and I can't believe it! I'm gonna miss telling people he's only 1 when they ask! And that picture of Vegas and his monkey, SO cute!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Sweet Vegas knows there is no age limit to doing suckie! Mack still nurses on my leg when we do uppy, Ruggles on his rope leash before our daily walk. That is one way our big, bad boys are comforted! Vegas has many years left, don't worry, enjoy them!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I cherish those birthdays. I have a soft spot in my heart for older bulldogs...and as long as they are in good health...they just grow more loveable and endearing with each birthday :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
There is no one more conscious of how short their time is than me. Every night I go to bed and thank God that today was a good day and pray for another one tomorrow. I don't know when it will happen. They can't even tell me if it will be a slow progression to the shut down or if it will happen all at once. For now I am content to treasure every second that we have with her.

I think that's all any of us can do really. Those of us with healthy pups and those of us nursing the sick ones. None of us come with expiration dates. But wouldn't it be nice if we did!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There is no one more conscious of how short their time is than me. Every night I go to bed and thank God that today was a good day and pray for another one tomorrow. I don't know when it will happen. They can't even tell me if it will be a slow progression to the shut down or if it will happen all at once. For now I am content to treasure every second that we have with her.

I think that's all any of us can do really. Those of us with healthy pups and those of us nursing the sick ones. None of us come with expiration dates. But wouldn't it be nice if we did!

:hug:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Since I've been a member here and have read of some of the losses of loved fur babies, I try to prepare myself that it can happen suddenly and to love them every second of the day that they are around me and that if it happens that it happens in my home surrounded by the people that love them.

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
You are not alone. I feel terrible at the thought of losing Meilyr. We must enjoy the time we have with them. Try to love him the best I can.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm the same Kelly. Stiggy's turning 2 this month and I tear a little whenever I talk about it with my bf. And we now have Punkin who's 4 1/2, so I get anxious thinking about him too. But then that's when I do hug them and kiss and play with them more, and that's when I forget about worrying and live for the day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.