How playful is your dog

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I was wondering if Uni is lazy than most bullies? She hardly plays with us. How playful are most bulldogs? How can I get her to play more? I try to play with ;her all the time but most the time she will just look at me with those big eyes like I'm crazy. She has tons of toys but it seems like the only ones she really likes are the ones that I can stuff food/ treats into.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have only had 1 bulldog and he is so far from lazy :lol: My cousin has a female and she has been lazy since they brought her home at 9 weeks! She would play for 1 hour total out of the whole day! SHe loved to sleep and just cuddle! You are lucky you dont have Brutus at your house! :rofl:

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I just got a chihuahua jack russel mix puppy. He's four months. He and Sadie have the SAME energy level................

Sadie is VERY athletic and active!! She is so far from the typical bully lazy stereotype. I've had the thought that rally ball would be a good sport for her.

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I have only had 1 bulldog and he is so far from lazy :lol: My cousin has a female and she has been lazy since they brought her home at 9 weeks! She would play for 1 hour total out of the whole day! SHe loved to sleep and just cuddle! You are lucky you dont have Brutus at your house! :rofl:

You are right, I do know that we are lucky to have such a well behaved fur baby, but some times I want to play with my dog and she just doesn't have that.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
And as a side note, your getting some serious stink eye in your profile pic! I know that look well hehehe.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Usko is playing machine. He just can' get enough.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You are right, I do know that we are lucky to have such a well behaved fur baby, but some times I want to play with my dog and she just doesn't have that.

I agree with [MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION] that is some stink eye for sure! :LOL: Yea I hear ya on the playing part...Im trying to calm and your trying to get some energy lol If I didnt love Brutus so much I would send him to you :ROFL:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank loves playing but only when he wants to. The rest of the time, he just wants to be left alone. So basically, it all revolves around his mood!

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Guinness loves to play! If you near a toy, or accidentally hit one with your foot when you are walking by, her head goes up, you get the head tilt and the look that says "Play?!" If she's not playing or trying to engage you in play, then she is usually chilling.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH sleeps about 23 1/2 hours a day and gnaws on her Nylabone the other 1/2 hour.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke would play at any time with anything... but it would only last about 20-30 mins then back to sleep. Banks has a higher energy level and she will play for hours, IF you have the right toy. She is picky about what she will play with and you have to see which she wants to play with --- we can't just pick up anything

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ollie and ivy used to play a lot as puppies. now, it's a walk, and back to sleeping and/or cuddling, unless one of their friends comes over. love it.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i thought Lola was a lazy puppy, but her energy just comes in spurts. she is up for an hour or two int he morning, and is rough housing for 15 minutes of that, then plays fetch about twice at lunch (fetches a stuffie exactly two times), then maybe 1 or 2 15 minute spurts in the evening...especially if we exercise at home (lots of cardio). but some days she will only play once total. she can be a lazy fart sometimes, and even when we try to rile her up, it's no use, back to cuddlin'

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online