help picking new puppy

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=1883]Dissident[/MENTION] sooooo......puppy or no?????

OP
D

Dissident

Feb 21, 2011
No on that one. I woke up the next morning, got the kids off to school and got an email at 9am that the puppy was sold...again!

I am now looking at two other puppies from two different breeders. Both are gorgeous and perfect in my opinion. One is very close to me about 30 minutes away, however the owner is asking an additional $200 for him. The other is $200 cheaper, but is a 3 hour drive.

I really wish I knew what too look for in features of the puppy. Both come from champion blood lines, and both are adorable in my opinion. Both have passed their health checkups and come with the pedigrees etc etc. I can't decide, so I wish knew what features to try and look for.

C

Cooper11

Really no features to look for.....It is all on you and how you feel about the pup. The breeder should know a little bit of the pups personality and be able to tell you that. Before we got Gracie they told me Gracie had and awesome laid back but spunky personlity. Coop I saw in videos and he was the runt and always trying to lick the breeder )they sent vidoes) seemed like he was always into something. Now that they are older Coop is soooo laid back and a big lover. He is a very chill pup and sleeps ALOT. Gracie is something else. I love my Coop but I lover he crazy personlity. I think the Grils just have this diva bossy attitude. She is always awake getting into things, she plays and ruins toys like there is no tomorrow (Coop rarely plays with y toys) Gracie is my moms pup and is Coops sister. When they come over she runs my house and Coop bows down to her. If there is a bone out she will get it. SHe is a little thief. Coop will have it and then all the sudden she has it. She was over last night and she always has to be on the couch and I looked under her and she had 2 nylabones and a toy she was stashing and hiding from Coop....I saw him playing with one she had a few minutes before I noticed she had them.

Ask the breeder about the parents temper, personality and so forth. That will get you a good idea on how the pup will be. I love Coop wouldn't trade home for the world. But sometimes I wish I didn't pick a white faced dog because of the tear stain...they are just so noticeable on white....there is nothing wrong with having tear stains but I think he looks sad and people will ask why is his eyes draining and making htat color. He doesn't even have bad tear stain but you can see them. You will know if that pup is for you when you see it. You will say O I need him/her. I wold get some videos of the pups..at least the one that is a few hours away and maybe go look at the one that is closer. But as for features it is all your preference. But I know what you are going through. I had Coop and Gracie picked out and I got to choose because I had my deposit in first and when it came time to choosing i was struggling...So happy my momm decided to get one so I have them both in my life. The breeder decided they wanted to keep her for breeding and didn't tell me until I got there (almost 5 hour drive) so i was heatrbroken but they saw how in love we were with the pups and liked that they were sibling and going to grow up with each other they decided to let us have her :)

Also don't know if you have a preference on their coat...I didn;t know there were different coats but Gracie is so so soft and her fur is shorter than Coops and Coopers coat is a little more rough. Still soft but when you compare the 2 you can really tell the difference! Good Luck!
[MENTION=1883]Dissident[/MENTION]

Members online

No members online now.