She is driving me nuts!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
She is driving me nuts

Because of the amount of water/pedialyte Abby has to drink we keep an extra large wee wee pad down in the kitchen in case of emergencies. WELL! Lady Abigail thinks that somehow the pad is a chew toy! So far today alone she has torn up 3 of them (and they ain't cheap!)

What makes it even worse is that she shreds them and plays with the pieces. I was 40 minutes late getting to the hospital to see my mom tonight because she couldn't breath and I had to dig the pieces out of her nose.

How... someone please tell me HOW I can stop her from doing this. Forget kidney failure. I think I'm more worried about her suffocating on the cotton fibers. :unsure:

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY --- she is a feisty little bugger! Maybe it is time for diapers?

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] She really is feisty!! She is wearing me out lol

I thought about diapers but a lot of the time hold it long enough to go outside. The pads are for emergencies and sometimes the pad stays dry all day.

I think it depends on her kidney function that day because sometimes she can hold it until we get outside but there are also times she pees seconds after she drinks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama She really is feisty!! She is wearing me out lol I thought about diapers but a lot of the time hold it long enough to go outside. The pads are for emergencies and sometimes the pad stays dry all day. I think it depends on her kidney function that day because sometimes she can hold it until we get outside but there are also times she pees seconds after she drinks.

Maybe [MENTION=1930]RescueMe[/MENTION] might have some suggestions

C

Cooper11

It is because she is FABULOUS and she can do whatever she wants! :dancing:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I would put down newspapers or maybe a towel you can wash. If you have her in the kitchen with no carpet, even if it leaks through the paper or towel the floor will be safe.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
There are sites that sell washable pee pads. You can also go to the baby section and buy some of the washable waterproof pads that are used in cribs and on changing tables. They are available in a variety of sizes.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Awww Abby didnt do it! She couldnt have! Just look at that face

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i wonder about getting one of those holder things to keep the pad in place. so she couldnt grab it

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea and Bo both did that a few times. I battled the compulsion by spraying the edges of the pad with "Bitter Apple" spray and adding more challenging toys to the puppy enclosure for when I was at work. Worked like a charm.

LOVE Abby. :heart:

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I never knew they made washable pads. Some of them are cute. But I'd be afraid she'd take it in her crate with her. Abby is famous around our house for things like "can't find the dish towel/socks/wash cloth/slippers? check the cage" lol

I hadn't thought about one of those holders. I'm going to check them out.

Thanks! :)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
If you dont want to put her in diapers, I would do the washable pads.. I have several of those I use to air my babies out...If you decide to use diapers let me know and I can give you tips.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.