cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Re: Can't Find Bre

this is the best news ever. my gosh im sooooo haaapppyyy. im tearing up now thats so awsome. now i can rest some as i worried about her all day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Re: Can't Find Bre

I am so glad she is home!!!!!!! Xxoo

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I

ImAGuinneyPig

YAAAAAY! This is SUCH great news!! Home safe (minus the cat scratches) and sound!!! :happydance:

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Yay!!!!!! Seriously, this morning I checked here, this afternoon I checked here. At the grocery store when I passed the pet aisle my heart HURT thinking about your lost baby. SO happy happy happy for you!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Although I haven't posted I've been following this ... and I am just so happy and relieved that she is home safe and sound. The cat scratches will heal ... and Bre has now (hopefully) learned never to take on a kitty!!

I agree .. go fill in that hole straight away!!! We have a slight gap under our fence because the ground slopes slightly and despite my husband telling me I am totally paranoid I have blocked it up with a huge stack of logs from our firepit!!!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]...we inspected the hole that Sookie started and found that it wasn't the escape route (she hadn't made it big enough yet). We did however find that our chain link fence had been pushed apart in a corner...pretty sure that was how they got out. I can't wait for my privacy fence to be installed!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We are back from the vet. He shaved all her kitty scratches and cleaned them up...more than we thought! He said luckily they are all superficial but we will need to keep an eye on them for abcess. He flushed out her ears to get the blood out and make sure there were no deep punctures that he couldn't see. He prescribed her an antibiotic (and gave her a dose by shot to get her started), some ear ointment and rimadyl (just for a couple days) for the pain.

He told me that he sees/hears of this happening a lot. Someone will acquire a dog that they intend to keep and take it to a vet to check for a microchip (under the guise that they need the owners contact info/address to return the dog). He said if they find a chip most people (and he only meant the dishonest ones who want to keep the dog) will dump the dog because the chip can't be removed or changed easily.

Pictures will follow soon!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
On the way to the vet

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMjUtMjAxMjAzMDYtMTcxMS5qcGc.jpg

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Her ear after the shaving, flushing, and cleaning...ouchy

006.jpg

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh I forgot to mention....her toenails were painted when she was found....we have never painted her toes before. I'm pretty sure someone was gonna keep her. I guess I should be glad that they painted her toes and didn't try to harm her or something right? Whew...I think the microchip probably saved her.

That's the best advice I can give...even if you never foresee loosing your pet....get them microchipped. The 20 or 30 dollars is worth it because that is solid proof that your dog is yours and where it belongs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.