Update on Hooch

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hi guys and gals, thanks for the replies however Hooch is very sick still, my girlfriend took him to vet this morning after he stopped vomiting. Dr Heller feels its a GI issue and hes a bit concerned because he said hes not even 2 yet and he has these issues already. Blood work was done, we are waiting for results and he had two shots today, we are stressed and we are hoping things will get better soon, I hate seeing my girlfriend so stressed because she is an amazing bulldog mommy and an amazing person, she just feels so bad for Hooch and in turn i feel bad for her and him and it stresses me out!!....Ugghhh

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi guys and gals, thanks for the replies however Hooch is very sick still, my girlfriend took him to vet this morning after he stopped vomiting. Dr Heller feels its a GI issue and hes a bit concerned because he said hes not even 2 yet and he has these issues already. Blood work was done, we are waiting for results and he had two shots today, we are stressed and we are hoping things will get better soon, I hate seeing my girlfriend so stressed because she is an amazing bulldog mommy and an amazing person, she just feels so bad for Hooch and in turn i feel bad for her and him and it stresses me out!!....Ugghhh

So sorry you are all so stressed.... it is hard when they can't tell us what is wrong. I hope he gets well soon -- keep us posted on the results. Not sure but have you thought abut feeding the bland diet to see if it helps? (boiled chicken and rice)

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Sorry to hear Hooch is not feeling any better. I hope the Vet has better news or can find the problem to make him feel better. :hugs:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hello all, sorry for not getting back on sooner, its been a tough few days but its seems like Hooch is feeling better since his visit to the vet. He has not thrown up since Monday and he is now eating 4 small meals a day, hes still on meds but soon will run out and we are hoping that he will not need meds. His bloodwork came back negative and the vet seems to think its gastro interitis(spelling?) or Gird. We have been trying to keep him under stimulated and on a strict routine which my girlfreind ensures this happens. The only issue is that his stool is soft but we know its from the meds. Our stress is dwindling and we are optimistic!

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
We started feeding him the bland diet a few months back, he gets ground beef and rice with his dry food since he had issues with his original food and a chicken allergy. This dog has some serious allergies, we no longer feed him chicken or peanut butter but on occasion he still gets hives.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We also use the slow feeding ball..it helped immensely! Jake would throw up after inhaling his food. He hasn't thrown up his food since! Sure hope Hooch is doing well. I agree with others, no matter how many or what breeds of dogs you've had in the past...Bully's are sumpin else!! :whew:

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Its just very frustrating because like a member said earlier in this thread, they cant tell us whats wrong and my girlfriend really does everything humanly possible for this dog and she feels bad because everytime he gets better something else happens and hes not even 2 yet and its like a snowball effect, dog gets sick, my girlfreind gets stressed because she feels bad about him being sick and then i get that way because i hate seeing her upset and seeing the dog sick makes it double the stress on me! I just want him well and to see her stress free

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Its just very frustrating because like a member said earlier in this thread, they cant tell us whats wrong and my girlfriend really does everything humanly possible for this dog and she feels bad because everytime he gets better something else happens and hes not even 2 yet and its like a snowball effect, dog gets sick, my girlfreind gets stressed because she feels bad about him being sick and then i get that way because i hate seeing her upset and seeing the dog sick makes it double the stress on me! I just want him well and to see her stress free

Hang in there...he has great parents that love him..and your sweet girlfriend will relax and know that she's trying her best and like kids..sometimes our best doesn't seem like enough..but it is! Don't be hard on yourselves..you're doing great! :hug:

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
I feel like im venting here so I apologize and thank you for the support, its means alot to me and im sure it means the world to my girlfriend and Hooch hearing those kind words. Does anybody else have constant issues with their bullies?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I feel like im venting here so I apologize and thank you for the support, its means alot to me and im sure it means the world to my girlfriend and Hooch hearing those kind words. Does anybody else have constant issues with their bullies?

Lots of people do! There might be different problems..some very serious and some that are so mysterious. But there are so many experienced people here usually help is around here somewhere! It might seem like you are the only one fighting battles..but whether it's food or allergies..or life and death problems...others are feeling your pain!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We started feeding him the bland diet a few months back, he gets ground beef and rice with his dry food since he had issues with his original food and a chicken allergy. This dog has some serious allergies, we no longer feed him chicken or peanut butter but on occasion he still gets hives.

Sounds like my girl, Banks..... highly allergic to chicken and gets hives out of no where. She is also allergic to every known grass, weed and mold along with a few trees. I may have asked this, and aplogize if I did.... but did you do the full blood screen allergy test with him? My boy was like this for almost his first two years --- turned out he was allergic to rice.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.