need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
hey i uploaded pics of a puppy i want to purchase and the dad and the owner says it is registered ioeba but it is a 100% english bulldog he also say the parents have papers and i would see that they are 100% english bulldog. can someone look at the pics and tell me what you think because im new and this will be my first bulldog puppy.

Attachments

• 2948932644u_7x424x360f_dogs_in_richmond_tx.jpg
    2948932644u_7x424x360f_dogs_in_richmond_tx.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 168
  • 2948932644u_8x424x360f_dogs_in_richmond_tx.jpg
    2948932644u_8x424x360f_dogs_in_richmond_tx.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 152
  • bull.jpg
    bull.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 185
  • bull2.jpg
    bull2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 183

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
If they are 100% english they should have akc papers, ioeb is for olde english only, no?

Dad looks like English to me

OP
E

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
yeah i thought ioeba was only for olde so i asked him and he say that he has the registration papers on the parents and there registered through ioeba but they are registered as english bulldogs

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
if you like the pup and it is healthy you can purchase the pup but I wouldn't pay the same money as for an AKC registered english bulldog puppy.

It could be the parents have limited AKC registration which means they shouldn't be bred but they register them through ioeb so they can breed them and sell the pups as registered english bulldogs

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
this is from the IOEBA website

sm_blue_bullet.gif
3. The IOEBA
Single Registrationhttp://www.ioeba.net/ioeba_forms.htmApplication must be used to register dogs whose parents are not registered with International Olde English Bulldogge Association.
The dog owner must complete the application and can provide a copy of registration papers from another kennel club (approved by IOEBA) as proof of his/her dog being purebred if available.If other kennel club papers are not available, the dog's owner must sign & provide a witness signature who can verify the accuracy and truthfulness of the information listed on the application. When using the witness option, your dog must be at least 6 months of age and you must submit 3 photos (frontal, left & right) of your dog with the application.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
To me something just doesn't seem right and I personally would move on. In my opinion it may be a healthy pup, but you never know. They are not breeding to AKC standard and to me people that breed English Bulldogs should be breeding to "better" the breed and not breed for money as people that will register an EB through IOEBA are doing. Plus the sire looks like he has a blue eye which is not desirable through AKC and in my opinion should not be breeding. It smells of puppy mill to me. Just my opinion.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
To me something just doesn't seem right and I personally would move on. In my opinion it may be a healthy pup, but you never know. They are not breeding to AKC standard and to me people that breed English Bulldogs should be breeding to "better" the breed and not breed for money as people that will register an EB through IOEBA are doing. Plus the sire looks like he has a blue eye which is not desirable through AKC and in my opinion should not be breeding. It smells of puppy mill to me. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

Also those who use other registries sometimes do it to provide "papers" but only because they cannot get registry from AKC or they have been booted.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Sounds like others are very knowledgeable on the registration...not me! They look like english bulldogs to me but...the blue eye in the adult would make me a little nervous. never seen that before. sure is a cute pup though!

suzybsyr

Jan 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey2
Have you seen the pup in person? The pic appears to be two different puppies.... look at the head and feet closely.... different markings. My jeffrey is an olde and at such a young age it's hard to tell. Where is the mother to the pup??

OP
E

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
They are two females I wanted to let everyone see the puppies to see what more experience people thought about the pups

C

Cooper11

They are two females I wanted to let everyone see the puppies to see what more experience people thought about the pups

They look like English....but it is too hard to tell because the Olde and the English look basically the same when they babies! I think if you are having this much trouble and questioning it I would go a different route and look for a better breeder. English Bulldogs are a dog that you want to make sure you are getting the from good breeder with a reputation of healthy pups. they have so many health problems You for sure don't want to take the risk of getting from a questionably breeder or you will end up with a sick puppy!

I

ImAGuinneyPig

I totally agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Something is really fishy. If the puppies are Bulldogs, then he should have no problem providing the AKC papers. This has scam written all over it. I would move on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would move on..... has puppy mill written all over it

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.