Couple questions, earthborn and malacetic.. everyday stuff

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Ok guys, so I've been reading a lot about earthborn holistic on here. My pups just turned 6 months old. I looked at the description and it does not state it is all stages like fromm is. Since they are already considered teenagers do you think it will be ok to feed them the great plains version? I looked at the puppy food but it has lots of grain and the one time I fed aldo rice he broke out pretty bad so I need to stay away from it. Should I stick to fromm until they are 1 yr old or would it be ok to switch them now?

Now, Malacetic ultra, the magic ear cleaner: I ordered it from Amazon and am still waiting for it, but any suggestions on how to use it? do I dilute it and wipe, or just put drops in the ear. Can I use it for tear stains? this is an ongoing issue with both pups and I remember reading on here that it can be used, but I might be confusing it with something else.

Thank you Thank you my AMIGOS!

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] said she was using malacetic utra like 2 days a week on tear stain and it was helping. I bought this stuff also and in the wipes....I didn't wanter mine down but I used it on an infection in a face fold and it cleared p by the next day! That stff really works! I would say for the ears I wold put it on a cotton bal or Q Tip....It is strong smelling...I sed the wipes on Coops face last night and then afterwards is when he threw p so I was concerned it was from the smell but since he did it agaoin tonight I am not so sure. I clean is face with water and some soad and he doesn't mind but he fought me and hated the malactic on his face!! Good luck!!!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
thank you [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] I have been struggling with those tear stains, especially with Aldo.. they are so frustrating! I am excited to try this stuff!

C

Cooper11

thank you @Cooper11 I have been struggling with those tear stains, especially with Aldo.. they are so frustrating! I am excited to try this stuff!

Yeah I know what you mean. I do notice a big difference in coopers just by washing his face every night and putting powder on them. I think the powder helps too because it soaks the tears stains up! I am thinking I will try the wipes again and maybe I will use them and then use water to wash the smell away....cause believe me you will be like wow strong smell almost a peachy smell but not in a good way lol! If you got the wipes it wold probably be good for tail pockets too or just cleaning the bum period! Some one mention parsley in the dog food for tear stains said their vert recommended that...didn't know if yo saw that or not. Not sure if it work!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I don't see where they've helped our tear stain problem at all. *sigh* But I keep at it anyway. Hoping. hahahahahaha

I use Huggies hypoallergenic baby wipes. For each dog, I wring out the moisture and put four "spots" of the Malacetic Ultra in four "corners" on the wipie. Then I use each spot on something. One or two spots get swiped in the ol' tail pocket -- always. That way, it's like using four clean wipes. I hope that makes sense.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would put it on a cotton ball for the ear. wipe it out then dry. no tear stains here so no help with that.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Ana, I am not sure if it Earthborn holistic is all stages but at 6 months I think you can switch over to adult food at this point. My breeder told me the same thing.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Wonderful [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] thank you! I just have to finish this bag then I will order it! I'm excited!
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] makes perfect sense! Thank you! Thank you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] how do you keep her stain free? That's awesome and it's like an ultimate dream for me!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] -- I use unscented baby wipes daily and witch hazel once/twice a week as needed for tear stains. However, I did notice that since I have taken grains and chicken out of her diet she barely has them anymore... it is more about maintenance for her.

I was also looking into the Earthborn, but I gave them as treats for two weeks... and Banks' colitis started up again. Two days off them and she is not bleeding. So, we will stay on the Fromm Beef Frittata

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.