??? Cooper throwing up

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Another thought, could he have swallowed something? A sock, small toy, etc. i'm thinking it's a possibility but I'm no expert at that! [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

OP
C

Cooper11

Another thought, could he have swallowed something? A sock, small toy, etc. i'm thinking it's a possibility but I'm no expert at that! @Cooper11

If this was gracie I would yes possibility. But Cooper really doesn't get into stuff. he barely even plays with his toys....so i am pretty sure he didn't get into anything....He has been doing fine tonight. I am about to feed him again with the ball in the bowl so I will let you know here in an hour or so if he keeps it down. other than the throwing up he is acting his normal self!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] how is the boy doing tonight?

OP
C

Cooper11

@2BullyMama @acarabias @ChanelnBrutus @Watson @Firefighter Lilt @cowsmom
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

He is doing good. So far so good. I didn't feed him as much and I put the ball in again He still can eat pretty quick but it does slow him down. Little **** I had to really watch him cause he would try to get the ball out. Right now he is asleepy boy laying right by me. I am thinking we may have found the problem!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Another thought, could he have swallowed something? A sock, small toy, etc. i'm thinking it's a possibility but I'm no expert at that! [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

This is what I was wondering. He has the symptoms of swallowing something, that is for sure.

I would completely skip a meal and then give bland diet for a day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, forgot to add sorry to hear about the tummy troubles... :(

OP
C

Cooper11

Oh, forgot to add sorry to hear about the tummy troubles... :(
So far so good. I fed him a little with the ball in the bowl...and then I just gave him a little more because he was sitting by his bowl. He is fine now hasn't threw up and is playing with my son. I also stopped the salmon oil...to tell you the truth I was shocked that he didn't do this sooner because he has always ate his food so fast and I thought well maybe his tummy can jst handle it and some can't. My little sister was over this morning and she was like holy cow he ate that fast Gracie doesn't eat that fast...then he thre up so I am pretty sure it is eating too fast..
You sill liking the new dog food you were using...I really want to change Coopers but dunno what to change to?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think they both are great. Tidus did not do so well on it but Jesse and Molly are doing well. Molly however has her first ear infection ever. Not sure if it's related or not, hope not!

I think that overall I am still an avid believer of Fromm, but some dogs just do better on different protiens. Jesse is good on either Fromm, earthborn or Avoderm as long as it is the salmon formula. She does ok on other proteins but she thrives on salmon based. Molly thrives on lamb, which Fromm does not have. Mandy can eat anything. Funny because she is all white! She gets Natures Domain. Yuna does best on Fromm beef frittata as well. So yes, every bully has their own food now! Crazy, I know! The pups get Fromm puppy. So 5 different dog foods here right now!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so happy he is better. i so hope he is just eating to fast and it nothing else. :D

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So far so good. I fed him a little with the ball in the bowl...and then I just gave him a little more because he was sitting by his bowl. He is fine now hasn't threw up and is playing with my son. I also stopped the salmon oil...to tell you the truth I was shocked that he didn't do this sooner because he has always ate his food so fast and I thought well maybe his tummy can jst handle it and some can't. My little sister was over this morning and she was like holy cow he ate that fast Gracie doesn't eat that fast...then he thre up so I am pretty sure it is eating too fast..
You sill liking the new dog food you were using...I really want to change Coopers but dunno what to change to?

Hey there --- how is the boy today?

OP
C

Cooper11

@2BullyMama @cowsmom [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Well I am not sure what to do. He ate today a little later than normal. He was fed around noon and was fine. I used the tennis ball again. Then around 430 my son was playing with him running around, actually I think Cooper was trying to get his popsickles and all the sudden I heard my daughter yelled Cooper threw up! So I looked and he threw probably a half of a handful of dog food......I don't know if he just drank water or not...I didn't see so I am not sure if he drank to much water or if he was running to much he had a little come up.....I am going to call the vet tomorrow. It was too late to do much today and I don't think this is life threatening because he is acting perfectly fine. He is wrestling Gracie right now. After he threw up I put him in the kennel so he would slow down and rest...he slept for awhile! I am going to order the Fromm food tonight! Do you think he just may be allergic to the food?....what will the vet do if/when I take him in? .....I know my brussells griffen was on science diet when I first got him and was on it for like 6 months and started getting the runs and I had to change him to IVET dog food. So I am aware that allergies or issues can come out of nowhere even if they were fine for months!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama @cowsmom @desertskybulldogs

Well I am not sure what to do. He ate today a little later than normal. He was fed around noon and was fine. I used the tennis ball again. Then around 430 my son was playing with him running around, actually I think Cooper was trying to get his popsickles and all the sudden I heard my daughter yelled Cooper threw up! So I looked and he threw probably a half of a handful of dog food......I don't know if he just drank water or not...I didn't see so I am not sure if he drank to much water or if he was running to much he had a little come up.....I am going to call the vet tomorrow. It was too late to do much today and I don't think this is life threatening because he is acting perfectly fine. He is wrestling Gracie right now. After he threw up I put him in the kennel so he would slow down and rest...he slept for awhile! I am going to order the Fromm food tonight! Do you think he just may be allergic to the food?....what will the vet do if/when I take him in? .....I know my brussells griffen was on science diet when I first got him and was on it for like 6 months and started getting the runs and I had to change him to IVET dog food. So I am aware that allergies or issues can come out of nowhere even if they were fine for months!

It is possible that there is an allergy -- how old is he now? And, yes, they can all of the sudden develop issues with a food ... unless there is a real medical reason, I would decline the SD food and go bland diet -- speaking of which , have you tried that with him yet?

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
I haven't changed anything yet beside no treats the last few days, stopped the salmon oil, and I usually give him yogurt in the mornings but didn't today. The only thing he gets is water and his dog food. The bad thing is...my 2 year old is bad at sneaking him food. I think he may have had lucky charms..the marshmellows were gone but I know Dayton game him some cereal part...I don't think he had a lot and he didn't throw any of that up it was all dog food

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama
I haven't changed anything yet beside no treats the last few days, stopped the salmon oil, and I usually give him yogurt in the mornings but didn't today. The only thing he gets is water and his dog food. The bad thing is...my 2 year old is bad at sneaking him food. I think he may have had lucky charms..the marshmellows were gone but I know Dayton game him some cereal part...I don't think he had a lot and he didn't throw any of that up it was all dog food

Give him a Pepcid (10mg) 20-30 mins before he eats.... I had to do this with Nitshcke, he just had a very sensitive tummy and it really did help him. The bland diet might be a good idea too ---- chicken or beef and rice.... nothing else, no oil or anything

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.