??? Cooper throwing up

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] that may be it. watson will choke when he eats too fast but then he just coughs up a kibble or two and continues to eat. He doesn't actually throw up all of his meal. there may be something else going on. I agree with having the vet look at him.

OP
C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 that may be it. watson will choke when he eats too fast but then he just coughs up a kibble or two and continues to eat. He doesn't actually throw up all of his meal. there may be something else going on. I agree with having the vet look at him.

Yes I Agree I will call tomorrow. It doesn't seem like he isn't feeling well. He just throw up and then he is fine. So far so good still. I might try to feed him a little more later. He has been swallowing his treats too. I haven't gave him any the last 2 days but I noticed when he threw up the other night there was whole treats in it. The dog food is not chewed what so ever! I may have to put Cooper in rehab for his bulimia! :crazy: I tell him his figure is fine but he is just so self conscious! :p

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would have him looked at to just in case. i think [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] got jake a slow feeding ball from amazon but im not sure what its called. i found a stainless steel slow feed bowl for sarah but alas it didnt help none. but if the vet says everything is ok i would surely look at one. cant hurt.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey! I have seen them online but my computer broke last night :cursing: time for a new one! On my iPhone and it doesn't give me updates! Poor Cooper baby! I would say for his next feeding tonight to hand feed him slow that will give you an idea later if he does/doesn't throw up! I would go to vet just for a check (peace of mind) and also get the bowl! When I get my files back I'll get the name but I'm sure others will have it sooner lol let me know how it goes! Brutus eats really fast but haven't had a problem (knocking on wood) I am thinking about the bowl now though just to be safe :) I def don't think it's parvo! He is just a piggy when eating :) lol keep me posted!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.659024,-74.233439

Firefighter Lilt

Feb 24, 2012
Baltimore,MD
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandon
@Cooper11 i would def stop the salmon oil first off. bullies can get an allergy right away or sometimes over a period. stop all treats and no eating the other dogs food. stop anything but the dog food then see how he is. if he is not better then we can go from there and look at food or maybe a vet trip.

I'm with Cowsmom on this one.. I had to do the same to Brandon with the change in food the other night.. He started acting alil diff and bathroom wasnt normal .. I stopped everything but his food for the time being and all is well now .. Thank god hope Cooper feels better soon :cry:

OP
C

Cooper11

Hey! I have seen them online but my computer broke last night :cursing: time for a new one! On my iPhone and it doesn't give me updates! Poor Cooper baby! I would say for his next feeding tonight to hand feed him slow that will give you an idea later if he does/doesn't throw up! I would go to vet just for a check (peace of mind) and also get the bowl! When I get my files back I'll get the name but I'm sure others will have it sooner lol let me know how it goes! Brutus eats really fast but haven't had a problem (knocking on wood) I am thinking about the bowl now though just to be safe :) I def don't think it's parvo! He is just a piggy when eating :) lol keep me posted!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.659024,-74.233439

:) I agree I was actually going to hand feed him just a little bit ago but that was when I tried the tennis ball and that seemed to work. He has always inhaled his food it just must now be starting to bother him. I am really thinking I am going to switch to from. He gets 4 cups of the food her is on now per day and the fromm is 2 cups. So maybe even less in his tummy would help the throwing up! Thanks Snook!

OP
C

Cooper11

Thank ya [MENTION=4397]Firefighter Lilt[/MENTION] !! So brandon inhaled his food???? Or was it maybe treats? I have never heard of this slow feed bowl so I will have to look on amazon :) I know that I am tired of cleaning up barf!!:barf: Then my other dog took a :poo: outside and had it stuck to his butt I was laughing because he was dragging his butt all over outside. So he came in and I tried to clean it off and he went in the living room and scooted and got :poo: on my carpet! :barf: So I had to put him in the tub and do a little trimming of his hair. He is behind on his haircut so I will be getting him in the coming week! I swear I just don't get a break from :barf: :poo: between my 2 dogs and my 2 year old!!! God Help me!!:)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Dang it, he threw up again. Yep, a vet call is in check out, as well as a slow feeder bowl. You can get them just about anywhere really, pet stores, amazon, etc.

Firefighter Lilt

Feb 24, 2012
Baltimore,MD
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandon
Last edited:

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Because of the good advice here we think the problem has been solved by giving Hooch some Pepsid and we bought a slow feed ball to place in his bowl since Hooch hammers down his food when he eats, I mean he hardly has time to digest his food and its gone hence why we think hes throwing up so much due to undigested food but hes been good since Friday now, yes its early but we are hoping the ball and Pepsid works, I orderd an actual slow feed bowl since Hooch likes to play with the ball after hes done eating!..Hope your Bully feels better soon!

OP
C

Cooper11

Because of the good advice here we think the problem has been solved by giving Hooch some Pepsid and we bought a slow feed ball to place in his bowl since Hooch hammers down his food when he eats, I mean he hardly has time to digest his food and its gone hence why we think hes throwing up so much due to undigested food but hes been good since Friday now, yes its early but we are hoping the ball and Pepsid works, I orderd an actual slow feed bowl since Hooch likes to play with the ball after hes done eating!..Hope your Bully feels better soon!
:) Glad you bully is feeling better! Was he throwing up? When did it start? I put the ball in today and so far so good. Cooper has always inhaled his food. I think he could eat the whole 2 cups in 30 seconds! No lie! Glad this site helped you....it has helped me sooo much also!

OP
C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 try to save you the hassle .. Sounds like u got your hands full.. http://www.amazon.com/Durapet-Premi...Y1S0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1330903602&sr=8-9 thats one!! There are many more, But I cant see Bullies eating from the other ones cause of their nose .. But this one looks ok for them from the way it looks... Hope you feel better Coop :pray: :cry:

here is the Ball for slow feed as well
http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Por...HN3G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330903602&sr=8-5

Thank ya thank ya What kind of food do you have brandon on....??? I think I am about to order fromm adult food but not sure???

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
He's still throwing up? At least he still has his appetite. How much are you giving him per feeding? If he does it tomorrow I would prob take him in to see the vet just to be safe!! Keep us posted!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online